1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nick @ The Greystones, Sheffield - Feb 9 2013

Discussion in 'On Tour' started by HarperPR, Oct 17, 2012.

1. HarperPR

HarperPR My destiny offers me up like a lamb

Last edited: Oct 17, 2012
  2. Colin L

Colin L Computer stained fingers

I will hopefully make this!
    I'm double booked for the Huddersfield date, working nights on the Otley date.
    I'm working days on this date and the day after, but should make it.

3. Big Phil

Big Phil I've got a zappy little nappy

What a night!

Loved the Greystones gig on Saturday, great venue and a great set.

One question, what is the name of the track during the interval? the one played while camera people were pointing things at stuff?

Part 2: Is that there track available on an album? or even on PooTube?

Now if only Nick had a gig planned for Glasgow or thereabouts, I am getting withdrawal symptoms already!

:beatdeadhorse5: Fancy a burger?

4. scotpaulabear

scotpaulabear Halfway up my own guitar, propping up another bar

Hey Phil - nice horse there :D It was a fab night, wasn't it? I hadn't gotten around to posting up here about it, my bad...

The track is a new one, it's called Juicy Fruit Girl and it looks like somehow it hasn't ended up on YouTube yet... It's going to be on the new album Riven, which should be out... errrrm any month now :blushing: and it will also be on Nick's Record Store Day vinyl! Allegedly! That's why Nick was getting a PROPER MUSIC VIDEO done. I know. The shock is mind boggling :D

5. bigchris

bigchris Aye lad, I knew you had it in you

and that's why I was concerned ( I may have mentioned it once or twice during the night !? ) that as it was a professional video that might make it on YouTube and go viral, maybe like gangnam style and get billions of people watching it ( we can only dream ) then why do you want to be seen "wearing" a stupid massive moustache ?!?

6. scotpaulabear

scotpaulabear Halfway up my own guitar, propping up another bar

No comment as anything I say has been used against me :D

7. Big Phil

I reckon the Tash was worth it for the laughs. I heard Nick play Juicy Fruit Girl in Ullapool last October, it was a pity I didn't know what to expect from Nick back then, I would have had my camcorder with me if I had known.
    Still last Saturday made up for it, I was glad to see cameras running, I had thought about taking mine but was glad I didn't, it would have been too easy to leave it in a pub after too many pints of Brother Rabbit and Moonshine.
    I hope some footage from the gig (with glue on tash) makes it online.

:beatdeadhorse5: Lasagne anyone?

8. Barchordbungle

Barchordbungle I've got a zappy little nappy

Yes, rather a lot was said about that hirsute upper lip area at the time BUT nevertheless I am going to pitch in. The moustache was most subtle I thought- Nick should dye it black as an homage to Zappa and it'd really stand out.

What a great gig it was. Thanks Nick, that was my first time at one of your gigs and it will not be the last. Attending Roy's seventieth gig realised my long held desire to see him play-that was superb!

See you again!

Rob

9. Big Phil

I must admit I thought Nick had borrowed the face furniture, it was so like the adornments John Smith sticks his head through these days!