1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nick @ The Junction, Cambridge - April 19

Discussion in 'On Tour' started by HarperPR, Apr 3, 2009.

1. HarperPR

HarperPR My destiny offers me up like a lamb

The Junction
    Clifton Road
    Cambridge CB1 7GX

7pm

£10

Support: Gil Karpas

01223 511 511

www.junction.co.uk

2. pd

pd Slightly Desperate Staff Member

As I mentioned on the last podcast, I'm coming to this one, with my old friend Steve Bayley in tow. Hope to see some of you there.

3. katrina

katrina I've got a zappy little nappy

I'm going as well -

xxxx

4. p.e.todd@btinternet.com

p.e.todd@btinternet.com I've got a zappy little nappy

I'll be there as well:biggrin:

5. katrina

Looking forward to it - I'm tempted to go to Colchester as well but have a midnight charity walk to do so not sure I will get back home in time.

6. HarperPR

Last night of the East Anglian (that's NOT abroad, by the way!:biggrin:) leg of the tour - and last chance if you missed out on Colchester and Norwich).

Support Gil Karpas in session on BBC Radio Cambs today. Check him out via listen again online or his MySpace page.

7. HarperPR

Hope to see you all here on Sunday night for the last of this three!:thumbup:

8. Rainbow

Rainbow I've got a zappy little nappy

Would have loved to be there tomorrow ... I had hoped to be there with my son ... but sadly unable to. :( My son and I saw Nick at Cambridge Corn Exchange and the, now closed, Cambridge Boat Race ... both memorable nights. Hope to catch up on what we missed this time in any reviews posted.

Cheers ... Rainbow:)

9. katrina

I loved the cambridge boat race - why did it have to be turned into a trendy wine bar!!!

See everyone tomorrow - xxx

10. p.e.todd@btinternet.com

p.e.todd@btinternet.com I've got a zappy little nappy

You will Linn.:biggrin:

11. pd

I'm driving over to Cam late afternoon with my two friends Steve and Sally, then collecting James en route, so there will be a nice party of 4 coming along. Looking forward to it even though as the designated driver I'll be on fruit juice :)

12. HarperPR

Lovely set. And we had Sunshine (as a song AND weather wise early evening). Everyone I speak to seems to be loving that, not least me. All bias aside, that, 38 and Blood Song are my current heartstoppers (extended BS tonight with TWO sets of heartbeats).

Nice audience (although somewhat muted, but this was 'sedate' Cambridge!). 600 in..unfortunately in for Gomez in Junction 1 next door! (I did sneak ten minutes of their set during the interval...place was heaving and they were pretty good, I have to say.)

Now I know Phil knows the answer to this (and maybe Katrina overheard?), but Nick said he did something tonight he hasn't done in 15 years...I wonder if Paul or Tony can guess?! :wink:

Shaun, I got the 'hello' via Dave's friend and then from Dave himself! (You can just say hi here, you know!). I realised it must be you when he said you had mentioned Zappa! How did you know we'd met each other though and probably would tonight, I forgot to ask him? I have a very distant pic of him in audience, if you don't know him by sight, when I was practising my abysmal photographic technique! which I will try and put up tomorrow. Plus the one of the LHSF cheque handover to Katrina.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2009
  13. pd

Not broken a string until the very last number?
    Only drank two bottles of beer the whole night?
    Not played a single cover version?

14. HarperPR

A few pix from last night:

First: me presenting Katrina from LHSF with the cheque from our fundraising at Chester.
    2: Nick and photographer Colin Curwood, whom some may know from his work with Roy.
    3: Tony 'tone-it-down' Brown!
    4: Katrina's friend Jackie (who took part in the Machu Picchu trek) and Phil from here.
    5: lovely support Gil Karpas, on left, and his guitarist Neil.

Attached Files:

15. HarperPR

A few of the 'many' in the audience!:D

Shaun, in the middle row is Phil, Dave's lady friend, Dave himself, then Colin and Colin's partner.....

Attached Files:

16. HarperPR

You got it! But would you have noticed?:wink:

17. katrina

thanks for the cheque everyone - although I would have worn my best frock if I knew I was being photographed lol xxxx

Nice to see everyone there and great gig

love Kxx

18. pd

Actually I did notice... I was remembering gigs of yesteryear and how much I used to enjoy "Cosmic Debris" (I listened to Apostrophe the other day at home), and so I noticed that we hadn't had a cover. I'd never had imagined that it was such a unique event though!

19. SHAUN I

SHAUN I It's so clear on the wings of the dawn

Who you jiving with that Cosmik Debris? :biggrin: