1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nick @ The Junction, Cambridge - Mar 16

Discussion in 'On Tour' started by HarperPR, Mar 13, 2008.

1. HarperPR

HarperPR My destiny offers me up like a lamb

Right, as I've been instructed to get the whip out, here's the Cambridge thread.

Last night of the tour (God, can it really be? In one way it seems like it's only just started), so it's going to be a bit special.

I know a fair few are going from here. And if anyone has been to The Junction in the last year, please let us know what it's like now. I haven't been for a good few years.

2. pd

pd Slightly Desperate Staff Member

I'm still heading to this one on Sunday, along with my friend James. Currently trying to decide whether or not to take my camera, which is rather large... I'm really looking forward to it.

3. HarperPR

Oh, do take your camera - and don't forget the gig review!:rofl:

And for those who were asking, as far as I'm aware it is a seated show but not allocated. Just grab a pew where you find one!

Last edited: Mar 14, 2008
  4. critch

critch Aye lad, I knew you had it in you

As a general rule, I always take my camera - ever since I figured out he didn't mind! I don't always get great shots 'cause sometimes the lighting is too dim but I usually get at least a couple which are passable to good.

5. katrina

katrina I've got a zappy little nappy

I'm planning to come - would love to met everyone.

xxx

6. katrina

I'll take mine if that is okay? Might be like critch and a couple of shots may be okay or I totally forget all together.

Critch be nice to met up.

xx

7. HarperPR

Critch ain't comin.:( He doesn't make it much past Manc!

I can do a verbal link-up if need be!:biggrin:

8. katrina

Well shame on critch - although he is making it to snowdon :)

xxx

9. HarperPR

See you all up the Junction!:biggrin:

Doors at 7pm. Support Chris Joynes.

10. katrina

See you there looking forward to it.

xx

11. critch

critch Aye lad, I knew you had it in you

Oh i'm tempted to come. Seems a long way though. Who's going then?

12. Linda

Linda Computer stained fingers

i was tempted

OK - Going to have a drink this time :D so b & b booked. See you all later.PM me if you can meet up beforehand.
    Linda

13. katrina

I'm going - its not that far to cambridge especially on a sunday - roads are clear.

xx

14. HarperPR

It is from St Helens!:biggrin:

15. katrina

Where is his spirit of adventure :D

16. HarperPR

Ah well, last gig.:(

A good one (but still not a Brighton!). Though he managed to get in Wiltshire Tale, but only as the inevitable string break happened towards the end of Guitar Man/Whole Lotta Love which he played through.

Lovely to see Paul, Linda, Simon and meet Katrina. And a long-missed return of the funky munky!

But...the highlight of the tour must be the 'aftershow' at a local bar. Nick doing a karaoke of I've Got You Under My Skin (complete with bar walk!) and Guitar Man, then picking up the Lowden for an unplugged Whole Lotta Love For Me (?not sure that's the title), Love Junky and Titties & Beer.

An absolute knock-out. And quite by happenstance it was all caught on video. Will the footage appear anywhere? Ah, who knows.:biggrin:

Last edited: Mar 17, 2008
  17. james_

james_ I've got a zappy little nappy

18. HarperPR

Hi James!

Well, frankly Simon's doesn't look a patch on yours! Will have a proper look when I get back to London, but they look good enough in miniature.

Nice to meet you last night too.

19. HarperPR

I like the 'lager lout' one - with the five bottles of beer lined up at his feet!:rofl:

20. pd

pd Slightly Desperate Staff Member

My pictures

I've uploaded the best of mine (there are *lots* more) to flickr. Hope you like them. I'm working on the review.