1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nick @ The Lowry, Salford - Oct 11 2012

Discussion in 'On Tour' started by HarperPR, Mar 23, 2012.

1. HarperPR

HarperPR My destiny offers me up like a lamb

2. bigchris

bigchris Aye lad, I knew you had it in you

I think they are a little behind in Manchester ... their description of Nick is 5 years old :

The recently released sixth studio album, Miracles For Beginners, was a return to a more stripped-down acoustic based style, from the folk tale of the meeting of King Henry 8th and Francis 1st in 1520 in The Field Of The Cloth Of Gold. to a beautiful latin tinged paean to the the Bolivian President Evo Morales in Evo. But, as with his highly personal 2004 "family album" Blood Songs, he still has time to sing about the most important things in his world - family, friends, love, life.

3. scotpaulabear

scotpaulabear Halfway up my own guitar, propping up another bar

Good point well put - that's taken one paragraph from here, a bit out of context LOL...
    http://www.harperspace.com/nick-harper-biography.html

Any chance you might do this one, Chris? I have to say I'm tempted - love coming down to Manchester, I've heard good things about the Lowry and it's close enough to a weekend... just gotta sort out whether I can take the day and a bit off... (I know, thinking too far in advance again aren't I :blushing: just stick with the May weekend for now, brain!)

4. bigchris

bigchris Aye lad, I knew you had it in you

No afraid not ... can't be getting to Manchester on a Thursday .. even though it is a brilliant venue ... only been once, to see Roy & Matt.

5. scotpaulabear

Bummer!! :bored:

6. scotpaulabear

*bump*

As this is a assigned seated venue, I'd just say to anyone wanting to go to this one - PLEASE buy your tix beforehand to get a good spot, and also fill up the place :biggrin:

7. HarperPR

HarperPR My destiny offers me up like a lamb