1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nick @ The Railway, Winchester - Nov 27 2010

Discussion in 'On Tour' started by HarperPR, Sep 4, 2010.

1. HarperPR

HarperPR My destiny offers me up like a lamb

Saturday November 27 2010

The Railway
    3 St Paul's Hill
    Winchester
    Hants S022 5AE

01962 867795

8pm

£10

Support: Nadeen White

www.railwaylive.co.uk/

Last edited: Sep 22, 2010
  2. bigchris

bigchris Aye lad, I knew you had it in you

The Railway has to be the worst venue I've ever been to !! Great pub as far as beer goes ... but I saw Chuck Prophet there last year ... and I couldn't see the band ... a very rare ( in fact only time ) thing for someone of my height ... but it seemed Chuck was actually lower than the crowd !!

3. Travellerman

Travellerman Aye lad, I knew you had it in you

Hmmmm, thanks for the heads up - a bit like the Jazz cafe then :rolleyes: (maybe Nick can do the whole gig on someone's table? :D)

4. HarperPR

5. aspwatterson

aspwatterson The Unknown Soldier

Last edited: Sep 22, 2010
  6. HarperPR

I have a feeling Chris may just have to force himself to this!:wink:

7. bigchris

Well you are right ... under protest, I'm going to give the Railway a second chance ... not ( directly ) because Nadeen is playing ... my mate Derek who I took to the Reading gig ( where Nadeen supported Nick ) really enjoyed Nick & Nadeen and have just found out that he's going to the Winchester gig ... and as it's the day after my birthday .. I thought what the hell ... at least if the venue is as crap as I remember ... the beer selection was spot on ... and so I'm staying in Winchester for the night ... so it should be a good 'un !!!!

Last edited: Oct 22, 2010
  8. aspwatterson

Hope...

Hope to see you there bigman! You mountain climber you!

andi

9. Travellerman

I'm going to check this place out tomorrow :)

10. Travellerman

Checked this venue out tonight and it's a good one. There are two rooms for music and Nick is playing the upstairs room. The 'stage' is about 6" off the ground but the room quite small, so there shouldn't be too much of a problem seeing anything, it could be a warm night with 65 - 70 people in there though :D There is no bar upstairs so there shouldn't be too much din from the drinkers either.

If I can get there and back from the island I'll give it a shot, it looks like it could be an intimate evening and Winchester isn't a bad spot either.

11. bigchris

Glad to hear that it's a different room to one I saw chuck Prophet in ... it can only be a better room !!

12. aspwatterson

13. Travellerman

Hmmm, I'm not finding much by the way of cheap room in Winchester. Anyone know of any places relatively close by? the only alternative is to leave the gig around 21:00 :( (which is when Nick is due on I think).

Last edited: Nov 27, 2010
  14. aspwatterson

Soz

Soz guys and dolls! Would not feel right giving you all my germs! Have a good gig! If Travellerman can get to Basingstoke he can catch them as well rent-free!

Andi

15. Travellerman

Thanks Andi :) gonna have to skip this one though :(

Still, I hope it goes well for everyone!

16. HarperPR