1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nick @ Union Chapel, London - Mar 26 2010

Discussion in 'On Tour' started by HarperPR, Dec 6, 2009.

1. ShedUpperMan

ShedUpperMan I've got a zappy little nappy

Union Chapel - tremendous show

This was my only gig of the tour, I would just like to say about Nick...

fantastic.

- Great set list, lots of songs that I haven't seen live for a while and the new stuff sounded excellent

- Real oomph in the performance, and he seemed to enjoy it

- The voice. I've been worried that his voice was suffering long term in recent years. I thought he sang magnificently on Friday (damn that's a good venue)

I feel like a Harper fan reborn. Awesome:biggrin:

and ShedUpperBoy went to his first Harper gig too

2. scotpaulabear

scotpaulabear Halfway up my own guitar, propping up another bar

Hey Shed welcome back! :biggrin: If we spoke Friday, I apologize for not remembering and if we didn't I'm sorry I missed ya :blushing:

Here's a photo taster of the right irreverent Harpic atop a mighty pew :wink:

[​IMG]

3. bigchris

bigchris Aye lad, I knew you had it in you

Clean Shoes !!

that's what Nick must have been wearing ... not that I actually took any notice ... but he is standing partly on my coat in that photo !! It was during Love Junky .. so I had to make a hasty retreat and my mate Gary told me afterwards that he had stood where I was sitting ... and where my coat was !!

But what a fantastic venue ... I'd been waiting for an opportunity to see an act there .... I liked the venue so much ( apart from the drinking rules ) that I went again the next day to see Ally Bain & Phil Cunningham ... and they were amazing ( & incredablily fuuny ) !!!!

4. scotpaulabear

Fame at last, Chris - can sell that coat on Ebay LOL...

I've got the setlist here - if I missed anything let me know please and I can amend!

A Hundred Things
    Shadowlands
    Field of the Cloth of Gold
    Evo
    Blood Song
    [did I miss one here??]
    Song of Madness
    Boy Meets Planet
    Hey Bomb
    Love Junky <-- I always want to call it Love Junkie cos that's the lip gloss shade I have :wink:
    Aeroplane
    The Story of My Heart
    Bloom
    Galaxy Song
    Building Our Own Temple
    One of the 38
    By My Rocket Comes Fire
    --
    Radio Silence

More photos and thoughts to come!

5. scotpaulabear

Video of "Field of the Cloth of Gold" posted on Youtube for your consideration, by Snipturn who's been doing lots of great Squeeze-related vids lately :biggrin:
    [youtube]Awejtwv-vMY[/youtube]