1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nick - US - September

Discussion in 'On Tour' started by HarperPR, Apr 16, 2009.

1. HarperPR

HarperPR My destiny offers me up like a lamb

Provisional dates September:

10 - Philadelphia
    11 - Pittsburgh
    12 - New Jersey
    13 - New York

2. scotpaulabear

scotpaulabear Halfway up my own guitar, propping up another bar

Still waiting for news on Pittsburgh and Philly, though Mike Peters has mentioned a Philly Rocks gig on the 10th which may be it:
    http://thealarm.groupee.net/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/8651007381/m/650103801

But there is more info on two of the gigs - I am almost beside myself with excitement, first time I will see Nick in the old country! :m3:

Ocean County Music Fest
    Saturday 12 Sept - Oak Ridge Park, Clark, NJ
    http://www.ucmusicfest.com/news.html
    Cy Curnin, the Alarm and Fastball are also appearing on the Saturday - now there's a lineup :) Sadly Glenn Tilbrook is playing Sunday, and I think the next gig wins for me, sorry Glenn ;)

Ulysses Folk House
    Sunday 13 Sept - 95 Pearl St., NYC
    http://www.ulyssesfolkhouse.com/main.html

3. HarperPR

4. scotpaulabear

Gosh, what an idiot I am forgetting to say that, like I meant to... I blame sleep deprivation and leaving my brain in Norway!

Don't know what I'd do without you correcting me, Linn...

5. katrina

katrina I've got a zappy little nappy

6. scotpaulabear

7. Rubel

Rubel I've got a zappy little nappy

Head further west, Nick! California needs you.

8. NoCelebrity

NoCelebrity Aye lad, I knew you had it in you

After, or on the way to CHI-town, of course!

9. scotpaulabear

Fingers crossed this trip goes really well, so the next one seems like a given ;)

10. Travellerman

Travellerman Aye lad, I knew you had it in you

You're not alone over the Bay Bridge, there's a few converts that side too :wink: I do wish Nick had popped over to Cali years ago, there are so many cool little venues to play and so many there who would appreciate him. I think he'd go down a storm in Marin, Health and Harmony, Reggae by the River festival, etc, etc...

11. scotpaulabear

Thanks to Owen (and carried over from another link), here's the Philly Rocks info - off to buy my VIP ticket now! :m3:

---

http://www.lovehopestrength.org/site/philly-rocks/
    http://thealarm.groupee.net/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/3491080152/m/974104121

We are very pleased to announce that on Thursday, September 10, 2009. The Love Hope Strength Foundation brings the fight against cancer to the city of brotherly love.

Legends of rock-n-roll will come together for a never seen before all star celebration. Glenn Tilbrook (Squeeze), Robin Wilson (The Gin Blossoms), Mike Peters (The Alarm), Cy Curnin (The Fixx), James Stevenson (Gene Loves Jezebel) and Nick Harper will perform to raise money for cancer care.
    Join them for this incredible evening and sign the ‘prayer flags’ that they will carry with them to the top of Kilimanjaro later this year as they raise money to support the first of its kind cancer program in sub-saharan Africa.
    This is gonna be the party of the century – do not miss out on…PHILLY ROCKS!!!!!!

FOR TICKETS:http://www.lovehopestrength.org/site/philly-rocks/

VIP: mingle with the musicians and open bar: $125 (limited availability)
    General Admission: cash bar: $50

Bus from NYC: A tour bus will be available for transport from New York to Philadelphia, returning at 1AM just after the party.
    Private performance en route by Mike Peters on the tour bus. Includes 1 General Admission Ticket.
    This ticket is for pre-approved buyers only.
    Please contact info@lovehopestrength.org for additional information before purchasing.

Thursday, September 10, 2009
    Doors open at 8:00pm

The Field House
    1150 Filbert Street
    Philadelphia, PA
    215-629-1520
    For more information on this event please contact: woolsey@lovehopestrength.org

***All those who purchase advanced tickets will receive a receipt from PayPal. Please print your receipt and bring the evening of the event along with a photo id. Advanced ticket purchase highly recommended.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2009
  12. HarperPR

Last of the batch:

September 11

Club Cafe
    56-58 South 12th Street
    Pittsburgh
    PA 15203

http://www.clubcafelive.com

Hope to have some interesting stuff to add at later date.:wink:

13. NoCelebrity

The 411(info) on Pittsburgh?

Here's hoping I can make it to at least Pittsburgh. Don't know if any college buddies are still in the Pittsburgh area. Interesting date...

It'd be nice to put faces to some of the rest of you. How hard core is the fan base in Pittsburgh? (Why do they rate, and not Chicago? Am I simply not doing my job?)

14. scotpaulabear

NC, it looks like Nick's playing with Cy Curnin from the Fixx on that date, they are Love Hope Strength trek friends and have been doing lots of shows together over here (will also both be doing Philly Rocks the night before and Ocean County Fest the day after) - it's all good :biggrin:

It'll be a first for me, going to Pittsburgh... no hostels I can find there though, methinks this road trip is getting a wee tad expensive but oh well I'll just go very austere for the rest of '09 :blushing: it's worth it :biggrin:

15. NoCelebrity

SPB- Think I missed the Fixx before the Police at Comiskey Park (Go White Sox!) around 1984. My Date didn't want to see The Fixx or Ministry (I did), but wanted to see Joan Jett (followed by Flock of Seagulls) before the "early, good" Police (when they were a "tight" act).

Would be good, if I can manage. Probably won't know 'til the last moment. Then I'll have to figure out logistics, etc. Don't count on me.

AIN'T I A PAIN?!

16. scotpaulabear

Not a pain at all! But hope I see you there :D

17. NoCelebrity

Here's hoping

If my Mom and Sis visit Door County, WI at the same time Nick's in P'burg, I'll have one less excuse. They still haven't figured out when, but now my Mom wants to go with me the end of August (Mom is 88!).

How's that part of town? Where are the hotels? Can I get a group rate if a stay the same place as the Band? (and don't mind driving home without any sleep?):D

18. aspwatterson

aspwatterson The Unknown Soldier

Can't make it...

..but have fun and you know you are walking into Linn's spider's web where a compulsory review and full set listing required. Am saving my money for Clon in September...weather & car permitting...

chrs
    andi

19. scotpaulabear

Dunno much about Pittsburgh, I think I'm staying east of there maybe over an hour away, haven't decided yet) so I save money and I don't have a full 5 hour drive back to Union County in the morning! :bored:

And I'll certainly post reviews for you guys but I bet they won't get used for anything else :wink:

20. scotpaulabear