1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nick's Guitar[s]

Discussion in 'General' started by aspwatterson, Sep 22, 2008.

1. aspwatterson

aspwatterson The Unknown Soldier

So if I wanted to purchase a customised guitar like Nick's where would I go and how much would it cost me?

andi :confused1:

2. scotpaulabear

scotpaulabear Halfway up my own guitar, propping up another bar

I take it you mean a customised Lowden? I don't know how much Nick paid for his but I'm positive you'd be *at least* 4 figures, as good condition used Lowdens go for the low thousands on Ebay... here's a used custom Lowden as opposed to a shop model just to give you an idea:
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2007-Lowden-F...hash=item260289346051&_trksid=p3286.m63.l1177

Maybe that's a really special handmade one though, so you'd probably be best reading through the site and contacting Lowden directly just to see what they say:
    http://web.mac.com/gsl71/George_Lowden_Website/Welcome.html

Good luck, they do have an AMAZING sound don't they...

3. wobbly bob

wobbly bob I've got a zappy little nappy

guitar

gibson j200!

4. aspwatterson

Nick's guitar cont...

I just can't stop listening to RIVERSIDE....it's stunning and the guitar intrinsically sounds so powerful inside your head especially on headphones that you actually feel like you are inside the guitar itself...n'est ce pas?

Review over...
    andi :cheers2: Sunday's joint is cooking in my tree:sifone:

ps Play up Pompey today..I'm starting to depair after least week's performance already this season.

5. wobbly bob

wobbly bob I've got a zappy little nappy

hmmm....

that sounds like some seriously good ****, maaan!

6. aspwatterson

Sundays

I don't like Mondays
    But I love Sundays

Manana!
    The great big toilet floating in the sky.
    We'll all be just as broke
    Just have another toke
    The same manana!
    Oh manana!

chrs
    andi :coolgleamA::47::sifone:

7. NoCelebrity

NoCelebrity Aye lad, I knew you had it in you

As the Native American Indian said,

"How! High are you..."

After hearing how much one of Nick's guitars costs, I don't feel so bad spending a LOT of $$ on a Taylor KOA (Hawaiian Wood) Guitar. The fact it's worth more a year later, doesn't hurt either.

8. HarperPR

HarperPR My destiny offers me up like a lamb

You wanna get yourself down to ASDA, Andi. I saw in the paper today that they've got acoustic guitars selling at...£25!:) I didn't even know they sold such things. They've got keyboards for the same price too.

9. aspwatterson

Cheapskating on ice...

Dawsons - brand new acoustic 6 strings £39
    Morrisons - drum kits £10 [last month - kids sets]
    Woolworths - more or less gratis by all accounts...
    Internet - everything free if you know how to download it.

"It will be scrooge this Xmas without money to hold! It'll be oh so cold!"

Actually this Xmas I think I've got more money than I ever have had at such a seasonally madcap time. Have actually bought my ticks for Richard Thompson in advance in Jan 2009! Next gig will be in Pompey for MaryJane on 27th December at RAC.

So before anyone else starts a new thread....Happy Bloody Xmas to all of you, whatever it means!?

Don't believe in Xmas cards only electronic ones. Don't believe in relationships only electronic ones. Don't believe in...

Maybe it's time to hit that Donation button chaps and chicks? Can anyone do a pixelated version of PD dressed up as Father Xmas then?

Was thinking of doing a Xmas thematic prize crossword based on the Harpers but considering the past reaction to Polls & Quizes am not going to stretch my brain cells beyond enjoying and relaxing during the festive break apart from the odd Xmas/New Year Jumbo which should keep me out of trouble but not the pub.

chrs
    andi :m9:

Last edited: Dec 13, 2008
  10. HarperPR

HarperPR My destiny offers me up like a lamb

You're not into all that sad Second Life nonsense are you?

11. SteveT

SteveT Gracing the Bahamas in see through pyjamas

I should try the RMA Andi, unless you mean that you'll need the RAC to help get you there. :biggrin:

12. aspwatterson

Last edited: Jun 11, 2010
  13. intimate gigs

intimate gigs I've got a zappy little nappy

I have been in George Lowdens workshop a few times as it is in Downpatrick where the good lady is from. I always have to take a mop to clean up the droll. Seriously lovely guitars. If I was buying a Lowden I would go for one that was made before he sold up to Avalon. My friend Jon Gomm plays one amd he gives it serious abuse and it is still going after all those years. Takamine gave him a guitar. He had it in bits within a few weeks. No guts.

If you want to check out some seriously good players then check out Jon. Also look out for Paul Rose. This guy is in a different league from any electric player out there. I can also recommend John Goldie. His finger style is amazing. Better than Tommy Emmanuel for my money.

I'm now about to switch off nerd mode.

14. aspwatterson

Last edited: Nov 5, 2010
  15. aspwatterson

Jon Gomm/Paul Rose/John Goldie YTs

With thanks to intimategigs for fllwg referrals :

[youtube]mrITESgntMQ[/youtube]

[youtube]Y5CSpuyC5dw[/youtube]

[youtube]rnIFFcJPvjw[/youtube]

Strikes me I must get back to the guitar having wasted so much time on here instead last year!

Andi

Last edited: Jan 15, 2011