1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nick's Myspace page - the latest

Discussion in 'General' started by scotpaulabear, Feb 5, 2008.

1. Marcie

Marcie I've got a zappy little nappy

Here's to MySpace

I met Paul, my music (and now life) partner through MySpace, and it will always have a special place in my heart because of that. In addition, there is so much amazing music that I would not have discovered had it not been for MySpace.

I agree, MySpace can be a bit slow at times, but I find that happens from time to time with other sites I belong to (such as Facebook and Tribe.net). I'm sure all of these platforms are good, but it's just a question of what we want to achieve through using them.

2. HarperPR

HarperPR My destiny offers me up like a lamb

Yeah, especially when they're Zappa ones and sent to a Zappa hater!:biggrin::smash::smash: Only joking, Shaun!:wink: I did bar the big comments/posters etc, but then found that some of the promoters and festival organisers I am working with, and from whom I DID want a poster, couldn't put them up, so.....had to change. But if I get any rubbish I just delete them.

3. HarperPR

That's true. I usually refer to MySpace friends as my faux friends because they're not really friends in that same sense, and most just want PR help, in my case! But that said, yes, I have got to know a whole huge bunch of fantastic people I would never have come into contact with otherwise through it. Even had a proposal and an offer to move to Nashville - bloody 'ell, there of all places, ha! And, what's worrying, I think he's serious.:blushing::closedeyes:

4. aspwatterson

aspwatterson The Unknown Soldier

Nah! Come to Basingstoke!

I'll look after you in this maze of roundabouts and concrete. Much better than Nashville...

Yours seriously
    andi [proposal in the post with flowers]

5. pd

pd Slightly Desperate Staff Member

You know, I have the strangest feeling I may even know who this is...

I've found it a useful tool for the podcast promotion but I wouldn't bother with it for personal stuff. I used to like facebook (or faceache as Paula calls it) but I'm very tired of that too.

6. HarperPR

A King of Leon?:wink: I wish!:D

7. telemonster

telemonster I've got a zappy little nappy

aaaaah.....

well, i met the wife at work and i hate the place with a vengeance. in fact a little bit more of me dies every time i walk in through the door!

so, lucky you, eh?

8. scotpaulabear

scotpaulabear Halfway up my own guitar, propping up another bar

Wow, chill out okay? We don't all have to love the same things, nobody's saying you have to even like Myspace. I would have thought sharing differing opinions is a good thing...

9. critch

critch Aye lad, I knew you had it in you

Agreed. It's not about which site works best, or quickest or has the most or least spam, it's about communicating with people. Everyone who is a fan knows the sites. Great. Anyone who isn't but see's him and looks him up will almost certainly try myspace. And then, it's done its job. As long as it looks loved and tidy, no probs. And paula, you do a great job of that. *hugs*

10. telemonster

telemonster I've got a zappy little nappy

wtf?

i keep forgetting you people don't know me and are likely to mis-interpret some of what i say...!
    people who know me know that sometimes i 'just say stuff'!

11. HarperPR

Aw, thank you my chivalrous knight of the roundabouts.:blushing:

I have been to Basingstoke - only passing through though.

PS flowers haven't arrived yet.:D

12. HarperPR

Nick's friends have changed again on MySpace, btw.:confused1:

Maybe it's a more common phenomenon than we realise? I know it seems to happen a lot to Dreadzone too. Greg sent a funny note the other week about his new bunch of 'strange random friends' that had appeared.:biggrin:

Last edited: Aug 6, 2008
  13. HarperPR

Paula, you may want to check Nick's page...! Changed within last few hours. Duffy is his No 1 friend now! I don't know if 'Tom' knows about this gremlin in the Spaceworks, but Dreadzone's went again too the other day, so must be a semi-regular happening to people.

14. HarperPR

Same as above - as of early evening yesterday!:(

15. Travellerman

Travellerman Aye lad, I knew you had it in you

Are the settings set to 'randomize' the friends every time the page refreshes? This is one of the options available, unless it's turned it off.

Just a thought....:biggrin:

16. scotpaulabear

scotpaulabear Halfway up my own guitar, propping up another bar

No, it's just ****e. It actually corrects itself if you go in and save it again. Discovered that the last bloody time.

And thanks for emailing me like I asked previously, rather than posting *sigh*

Last edited: Nov 8, 2008
  17. Travellerman

Travellerman Aye lad, I knew you had it in you

Well, if I'd worked my way through 7 pages I might have seen that post, but as I came in on page 7.... *sigh* try and lend a hand and what do you get...

18. HarperPR

I agree, Trav, but I think it was *sigh* rathermore directed at me *sigh*. :wink:

Last edited: Nov 8, 2008
  19. dim

dim I've got a zappy little nappy

has that myspace discussion nick place died a death.. nothing happened there since last summer...

makes it look like he has no fans.. :(

20. HarperPR

Do you mean the group?

Shaun...? Anything going on? Stir em up, lad!:biggrin: