1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NOT OT: Half Moon Putney to close in Jan. 2010? :(

Discussion in 'On Tour' started by scotpaulabear, Nov 25, 2009.

1. scotpaulabear

scotpaulabear Halfway up my own guitar, propping up another bar

Last edited: Nov 25, 2009
  2. pete c

pete c I've got a zappy little nappy

I've only been there once (to see Nick) but agree. It cannot be lost. Groups joined and petitions will be signed if there are any when I read your linked articles.

3. scotpaulabear

If I hear any more about further actions (maybe chaining ourselves to the front doors? :wink: ), I'll pass it on here! But yeah there is a Facebook group and fan page for the Half Moon so worth joining those if you're Face-ing...

4. HarperPR

HarperPR My destiny offers me up like a lamb

I feel so sorry for James and Kirk if this does happen, particularly if it becomes a gastropub as mooted. Sadly it seems to be an all too common situation these days.

5. scotpaulabear

Very on topic: the most recent Half Moon email update lists Nick as one of the artists who's volunteered to play a benefit gig for the venue - watch this space :biggrin:

6. intimate gigs

intimate gigs I've got a zappy little nappy

This is just the start......

This really does make me mad. The fact of the matter is that Live Nation is killing music. They don't care about music. They are venture capatalist. They now own all the Acadamy venues as well as holding controling shares in all the major festivals(T in the Park, Reading, Leeds, Monsters of Rock, Glastonbury etc).

They also own both Ireland's largest promoters, Wonderland and Scotland's largest, DF concerts. As if that was not enough, they own ticketmaster. This is why you get charged stupid booking and handling fees.

I refuse to go to any concerts and venues they have anything to do with, like King Tuts in Glasgow. As long as people keep giving their hard earned cash to these scum, independent venues are going to close. This is the future my friends, but we can change it. Boycott Live Nation.:cursing:

7. bigchris

bigchris Aye lad, I knew you had it in you

8. scotpaulabear

I'm gonna give 'em the benefit of the doubt here, Chris. Young's won't want to look bad so perhaps they're doing some retroactive damage control - see how they never were the bad guys :D And I read somewhere that the pub will be adding food now, so it sounds as if there was negotiation between the Half Moon and the brewery.

Regardless, YAY :biggrin: