1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Old Nick photo

Discussion in 'General' started by SteveT, Nov 15, 2009.

1. SteveT

SteveT Gracing the Bahamas in see through pyjamas

Or more accurately an old photo of Nick. I just picked this up from John Roberts who promoted the gig. It was at the City Bar in Portsmouth a few years ago, now closed but I think is due to reopen soonish in a new guise as a music pub.
    John's other Portsmouth related stuff can be found here:

http://www.barkingspider.abelgratis.com/

Attached Files:

2. Barry

Barry Computer stained fingers

I think i was at that gig, about 7 years ago, was it near the Guildhall?
    He mentioned he was playing in that place up the road and some wag at the back shouted "Scummers".

3. SteveT

Yep, that's the place, almost under the railway bridge. Were you that wag? It might even have been me but the memories of that night are a little confused. :wink:

4. Barry

Barry Computer stained fingers

Not me I was sat right in front of the stage, excellent gig too. He must be due another visit to Pmpey eh?

5. scotpaulabear

scotpaulabear Halfway up my own guitar, propping up another bar

Cool! Wasn't at that gig, but didn't Barking Spider used to promote a gig on the pier in Southsea? Went down there one, bit of an odd night (and Jackie Leven opening, even though he had flu!) but I really enjoyed it...

6. SteveT

Yeah, that's the fella. Nick's played the pier at least twice. details are sketchy but I was certainly at that one with Jackie Leven.

7. scotpaulabear

Got it: 31 May 2005, Barking Spider at the Southsea Albert Bar... that was a good'un, I seem to remember "end of the pier show" jokes being made :D

8. SteveT

Some more from that gig

John of Barking Spider http://www.barkingspider.abelgratis.com/ has uploaded some more photos from the same gig to his Facebook page. Here they are, though I still haven't worked out what year it was, never mind what day.

Attached Files:

9. scotpaulabear

10. SteveT

That sounds about right! :D