1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

'Once' again! Nowhere to run to.

Discussion in 'Words and Music' started by toneitup, Dec 4, 2007.

1. toneitup

toneitup Guest

Hi,
    I'm just thinking about some of the comments, made on Roys music, so far, and noticed that, for one of Roys' lesser known / talked about albums its kicked up quite a few serious topics for discussion! hmm..?

Anyway, here's my tuppence worth :

I'm just an average bloke, who likes his Big Macs and bacon butties. I've never really been against (or pro!) animal testing, factory farming, hunting etc...
    However, whenever I listen to 'Nowhere to run to', it allways stokes my emotions of sadness, guilt, and remorse. I find the song to be very powerful to me personally.
    I think animal rights campaigners should adopt this song as an anthem! How can any reasonable human being not listen to this song and contemplate the cruel actions of the human race against other species?

Cheers, thanks for listening.

Tony.

2. HarperPR

HarperPR My destiny offers me up like a lamb

Once...again

I have a white label promo cassette of 'Once'. Is this rare? Could I make make a mint if I sold?!

3. critch

critch Aye lad, I knew you had it in you

What's a cassette?

4. HarperPR

Tsk! From the mouths of babes.

Get and watch Jools Holland my Harper clone Jack Penate's on!

5. kephenstyle

kephenstyle Guest

jack penate... im my opinion was rubbish.. bassekou, however i love and i thought it didnt come through great, people still got an idea.. sega blue, tis a gd album.

6. HarperPR

Reluctantly I have to kind of agree. He was quite nervous. But I saw him at Reading and twice since and he is a very warm and engaging performer. He's on C4 next Thursday when I think he will be seen in his more usual style.

7. Wee Steve

Wee Steve Computer stained fingers

Clone?

I'll admit I thought "Hmm. Nick-like." when he started.

But I soon went off the idea. It seemed to me every other male vocalist last night had been brushing up on their Paolo Nutini.

Quite liked The Coral in a 60s sort of way.

8. Wee Steve

Hang on. I thought that erudite comment freed me from nappies ...

9. Wee Steve

Ah-ha!

Free at last, free at last ...

10. HarperPR

Now you have to aim for rolling spliffs - ha!

I think JP is Nick-looky-likey-circa-early 90s. He was blinding at Reading - even with a bad throat! - and has some nifty footwork going on. And he's a real sweetie.