1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

one man rock`n roll band

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by conanIV, Mar 26, 2008.

1. conanIV

conanIV I've got a zappy little nappy

hello.. i am just a rookie on this side. just started listening to roy`s music about a year ago.. :thumbup1: anyway,i`ve just wathed "one man rock`n roll band from the stonehenge music festival 84 (i think) on you tube... must say: exxxelente:cheers2:
    is there anyone out there...? who`s actually was there that day?
    the way he was playing on the guitar, with the delay... have no words...

2. pd

pd Slightly Desperate Staff Member

Hi ConanIV and welcome.

I know there are one or two veterans of the free Stonehenge festivals here but that doesn't include me. I didn't discover the joy of festivals until after the police/state had closed the Stonehenge ones down.

Welcome to the site!

3. marky

marky I've got a zappy little nappy

Stonehenge was the first time I saw Roy:biggrin: was it 84 i thought it was 82 or maybe 83 :confused1: I am sure the Enid had a power cut that year and also it being very sunny. Like an idiot I used scrumpy as an ad hoc sun cream ok until I got home and noticed all the dust from the site was stuck to my face:blushing: I was a lovely colour:p

4. just jane

just jane Computer stained fingers

My other half was there in 84 but surpise surprise he cant recall seeing Roy or any other band for that matter :rofl:. I think we have that whole thing on DVD somewhere

5. shoogle

shoogle Guest

'henge '84

Yep, i was there with a bunch of pals, even seen a very younger me on the u-toob vid but quality was scrap, so, just wondering, where did ye get your dvd copy, and does it have more on it than the vhs copy i misplaced/lent out eons ago. i'd always known there were some other cameramen around that week. this is my first on yer forum but not my last, glad yer here, seen rh more times than my memory remembers, did his sound once and nick too at 12 bar. if ye could let me know aboot the dvd tho' , wow, cheers

6. firehorse

firehorse I've got a zappy little nappy

I was there too...was my first time seeing Roy and also my first festival.

I'd heard Roy's music before but wasn't prepared for the sheer brilliance of his live sound. I can clearly remember being fascinated by his guitar sound and being (twice) moved to tears by the humanity of his lyrics and beautiful emotive delivery.

Also saw him play in a little tenty cafe affair at the same festi and he went on so long they had to unplug him so someone else could have a go....but he just carried on regardless :wink: