1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Forums?

Discussion in 'General' started by aspwatterson, Aug 6, 2009.

1. aspwatterson

aspwatterson The Unknown Soldier

So what other Forums do Cockers visit/communicate on? Apart from Nick H's and Fairport Convention and Frank Zappy Nappies?

Pentangly moments before their YT are removed. Is it best to save and embed as many as possible, not necessarily here, before they are removed? Or will we be pursued by the non-Stormcock police?

[youtube]9uNn2TDDru0[/youtube]

[youtube]d9gCN9-Jnfg[/youtube]

c/a

<now where's that Beer brewing forum PD thinking!>

Soz! Got distracted again:

[youtube]i0RukKNzxR4[/youtube]

Maybe a bit offish for you The Doors trads? Never read about Aldous Huxley's sexlife mind.. must do some research.

Just to appease :

[youtube]azCon4I7fWA[/youtube]

Last edited: Aug 6, 2009
  2. fuzzytnth3

fuzzytnth3 Gracing the Bahamas in see through pyjamas

This is the only one I checkout / use as it does the job very well as far all things Harper are concerned. I used to dabble in Nick's forum but as they all came across here it saved me the hassle of remembering to check it out.

The other forums I use are some cycling related ones, an Architectural CAD one, an astronomy one and a couple of ukulele ones and that's it.

These days I subscribe by RSS (it's built into my web browser) which is so much simpler than laboriously clicking through to the various forums as I used to do.

Oh oops i forgot I also checkout Stephen Fry's blog of which this post maybe of interest to Paul as he (Stephen Fry that is) discusses and answers questions from an audience about Record Label and Film companies approach to copyright, illegal downloads and all things "piracy" peer 2 peer

3. SHAUN I

SHAUN I It's so clear on the wings of the dawn

I only really use this and Zappateers, for all things Harper & Zappa...Happy Days! :D

4. aspwatterson

Other Forums [cont..]

Would be interested in Astronomy recommended Forums actuwally....and live Webcams on the moon, Mars, UK stock Market & surfing at Fistral Beach Newquay seeing the state of the waves. Also PD's Pod Batcave.

c/a

Reached my max 5 posts per day; but, the way round it, is to re-edit your last post...sorry PD won't make a habit of it...is this you Fuzzy serving Whiskey on the LEL line...? Reminds me of Snowdon's new cafe [see blog post pic] where 500 people tried to cram into a 200 people space in a howling hurricane of a bit of Welshweather. How Mike Peters and his cohort managed to play was thoroughly brilliant..chuffing as BC would say.

Don't need Chatbox when you can chat through Forums.. And why are so many people into Steven Fry's prognosis of the World...I can't get into him at all!!

[youtube]6ywo-g5qwrk[/youtube]

Addenydum..dum..dum do dah doda dah...

http://www.galaxyzoo.org/how_to_take_part

Amayionnaise-ing to take part in momentary Galaxy science..got a bit fed with SETI coz didn't contact any aliens out there, apart from on here.:>... Seven billion people on this planet..what's the percentage that actually look out there in wonder?

5. fuzzytnth3

Its called Galaxy Zoo it's actually productive as it assists astronomers with their research check it out here

6. fuzzytnth3

Nah I was at the Traquair secret control, this is the Eskdalemuir Control which was a "proper" control. As you can see from the video it was busy particulalry since if you noticed from the external shots you can hear it is pouring with rain.

Apparently it got so busy people had to queue to even get a space on the concrete floor to sleep on let alone be lucky enough to get a camp bed!

One of the volunteers took pity on one group of riders and even gave her shoes to one of them and herself walked in bare feet back to her house to let them sleep on sofas and cushions etc

7. HarperPR

HarperPR My destiny offers me up like a lamb

Thanks for saying that. I agree. Paul does an excellent job and I think all fans of both Roy and Nick now know THIS is the place to be for both and more than happy with what's on offer.

8. scotpaulabear

scotpaulabear Halfway up my own guitar, propping up another bar

Didn't stop you posting on the old forum...

9. aspwatterson

It's official!

It's official - the Universe is flat! Even some galaxies edge-on appear flat/flatish.

http://map.gsfc.nasa.gov/universe/uni_shape.html

There is no line on the horizon :

[youtube]_oKwnkYFsiE[/youtube]

[youtube]j9pMN-_q5yI[/youtube]

Thank you from Copernicus to Columbus but your sphere of influence does not extend intergalactically.It's a linear place by all accounts.Unless black hole edge kissing gate warp exists to take matter to another parallel place? Anti-matter? Congrats to S Hawkins on his Obama award! Anyone seen meteor shower traces recently between the clouds?

" Much of what WMAP reveals about the universe is because of patterns in it's sky maps. The patterns arise from sound waves in the early universe.As with the sound of a plucked guitar string, there is a primary note, and a series of harmonics, or overtones. The third overtone...helps to provide evidence for neutrinos"

http://map.gsfc.nasa.gov/news/index.html

A sound universe made of sound/sand.

[youtube]M56QwDjE6PQ[/youtube]

[youtube]voqL5ksOuoo[/youtube]

Don't think twice it's just music of the non-spheres!

[youtube]GtkVGClqrT4[/youtube]

c/a

Back to my ovoidal eggs on rectangular toast. Enough science for today!

Last edited: Aug 13, 2009