1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pink Floyd: The Story of Wish You Were Here

Discussion in 'General' started by SHAUN I, Apr 4, 2012.

1. SHAUN I

SHAUN I It's so clear on the wings of the dawn

I just watched this documentary, it was aired on Prime Rocks. New Zealand TV a couple of nights ago, and includes a brief appearance by Roy talking about Have A Cigar, he sounded a little miffed having not really been recognised as the vocalist on a number 1 worldwide selling single, "everyone thought it was Roger". Roger Waters also said he regretted Roy singing on it, if you get chance to see it, it is very interesting, although the lack of narration gives a very different feel..

http://www.pinkfloyd.com/news/index.php

2. zaphox

zaphox I've got a zappy little nappy

"Roger Waters also said he regretted Roy singing on it" - lol, that such a Roger Waters comment to make. He probably didn't mean it to come out quite like that - but it is vintage Waters!

3. Nigels

Nigels Computer stained fingers

When I got Roy to sign my copy of Wish You Were Here he wrote "Thanks for not paying me Roger".

4. scotpaulabear

scotpaulabear Halfway up my own guitar, propping up another bar

5. aspwatterson

aspwatterson The Unknown Soldier

Just to see Roy...

Just to see/hear Roy on the Beeb then; gladdened/fine-tuned my heart strings again; about where this crazy world is going : irrespective of all the human detritus going on globally.... and locally as per usual....

andi

Last edited: May 25, 2012
  6. aspwatterson

....and...

...and to be rebroadcast again tonight!

andi

7. bigchris

bigchris Aye lad, I knew you had it in you

8. aspwatterson

Roy/Jenner/Gilmour/Waters clip

[youtube]6iQVeSMgCSs[/youtube]

Just ignore pretentious Waters! Skip ad!

A:m9:

Last edited: Sep 10, 2012