1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Play like Harpic?

Discussion in 'Words and Music' started by Stevo, Aug 20, 2009.

1. Stevo

Stevo I've got a zappy little nappy

Hello there 'Nauts,
    I'm new to this site, in fact I'd never heard of the internet till just now.
    But I've been a Harpernaut for... too long now.
    I've got loads of Harpic songs worked out on guitar and, just for fun, I wouldn't mind posting a cover on Youtube, so if anyone has wanted to play any one song in particular - and if it's in my arsenal - I'll play it and you can see where my fingers go.
    Might even catch on.

2. pete c

pete c I've got a zappy little nappy

Welcome Stevo! Do Three Magpies! :D

3. SHAUN I

SHAUN I It's so clear on the wings of the dawn

Can you play One For All Stevo? Once asked Roydan to play this at a LHS charity evening and he was amazing..

Cheers, Shaun

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 20, 2009
  4. aspwatterson

aspwatterson The Unknown Soldier

Riverside

Riverside...just can't hear it enough!

chrs
    andi

5. Stevo

Three Magpies and Riverside

How pastoral!
    I have to mention that my versions are -ahem- interpretations.
    I've never attempted Riverside, amazing as it is, because it seems to have two guitars on it. (That's my excuse and I ain't budging!)

But Magpies is another story.

Along with many of the Seed songs, something special was captured in that recording.

Right - I'm on it. Thanks for the feedback, check y'all soon.

6. aspwatterson

Someone has done Riverside..

Someone has done a copy of Riverside on here, but trying to find it.... pending....

andi

ps Yeah Rainbow done it on another Thread if you search or he posts it again, or a signpost.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2009
  7. SHAUN I

SHAUN I It's so clear on the wings of the dawn

Is it just Nick's songs you play, or do you attempt Roy songs as well?

8. aspwatterson

9. justthebo

justthebo I've got a zappy little nappy

aeroplane, she rules my world, magic in this land, smithereens, hundred things.........

10. Stevo

Deluge

I realise what I might be in for when I say this, but I’ve never heard (of) One For All.
    I’m not too familiar with Harpic Snr. – I have Loony On The Bus on something called a cassette. I did see him live about three years ago with wossname (-his son) and he was great..
    Talking of whom, I heard just today on BBC R6, when David Quantick was talking to Neil Hannon about his new LP. It has a cover of Harper’s cricket-themed tune. I forget the name but it has ‘crease’ in the title.
    Justthebo! All them ones except ‘magic’ what a tune that is though. I presume y’all’ve heard it live with the loop-business?
    I’m going to Ireland soon for a week or so and I’m planning on bringing the old guitar. So I’m sharpening the musical tools.
    Seems I’m doing more typing than playing at present so I’ll bid youse farewell for the noo.
    Soon.

11. justthebo

pass it on..........

howay then spill ya harper beans and give us a clue on some songs.......

12. pete c

pete c I've got a zappy little nappy

I've got Neil Hannon (and Thomas Walsh)'s Duckworth Lewis Method CD as mentioned above and, whilst it is most excellent, When an Old Cricketer Leaves the Crease ain't on it.

Pete

13. Rainbow

Rainbow I've got a zappy little nappy

Play Like Harpic

I've been following this thread with interest and looking forward to hearing some Harpic covers, especially anything from 'Kennel' and 'Seed' so roll 'em out Stevo:hurray:

The link you were looking for andi for my stab at Nick's 'Riverside' is:

http://www.box.net/shared/ob9encgkqt

Cheers ... Rainbow:)

14. Marcie

Marcie I've got a zappy little nappy

I had a go at singing a harmony I came up with for Nick's "Watching the Stars".. does that count? :m2:

15. Rainbow

Rainbow I've got a zappy little nappy

Play Like Harpic

Why not? Let's hear it Marcie :m14::coolgleamA:

16. aspwatterson

Course..

Of course! I'm still waiting for Fuzzy G to do the North Country he was enticing us with many off-threads before..talking about twelve strings etc..

c/a A patient tapping patiently in his patience....

:40::toetap05::toetap05:

17. justthebo

in suspenders........

howay stevo giz a clue!!!

18. Stevo

As Outkast said - Heya.
    I've been practising a Harpic tune to play. Just the solo to sort out and then I'll post it on Youtube. But I'm not telling you which one.

Don't hold your breath though cause I've neither the facility to record or to post. I have friends who do, mind.

:beatdeadhorse5: