1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Podcast 18

Discussion in 'Podcast' started by pd, Dec 30, 2008.

1. pd

pd Slightly Desperate Staff Member

I'm working on podcast 18 at the moment; I'm not 100% sure yet that it'll be out on the 1st (things here are busy with people visiting and lots of errands to run) but it'll be very soon thereafter if not.

The mystery interviewee has come out very well I think and she has a very agreeable voice to listen to...

2. aspwatterson

aspwatterson The Unknown Soldier

Pod 18...

According to PD's Twitter account he's trying to think of a topic for the Pod beginning with Q? Any suggestions I wonder? Quitessentially quirky quarrelsomelike queryful quaintly quixotic questoring quantifiably quarkish quandaryful quotient quoted hQ......

andi :confused1:

3. Linda

Linda Computer stained fingers

Q is for ?

What about Q is for Question ?
    There's Death or Glory? and Why?

4. pd

The podcast is now published! I'll leave it up to you to find out how I dealt with 'Q' in the end.

The interview is a 2-parter with Linn Branson (HarperPR), with the second part coming in February. I'm sure she will feel that she waffled far too much but I enjoyed hearing the first part again and think it'll be of interest to many.

Cheers

Paul.

5. Marcie

Marcie I've got a zappy little nappy

Thanks for this Paul, I really enjoyed the interview with Linn. All the best for 2009!

6. NoCelebrity

NoCelebrity Aye lad, I knew you had it in you

I'm sure I will enjoy it! I have the two previous podcasts to listen to first, as we've been quite distracted here.

Everyone shares the same love of a truly remarkable one-of-a-kind talent and voice of reason. Always a pleasure!

7. aspwatterson

Pod plodding...

Hasn't LPR got a posh voice which reminds me of someone famous? Not like I'd imagined at all but comes across as very chirpy, cheery & friendly. We could always have a Poll guessing her age? The lady does not dilly dally by all accounts!

Hadn't heard Sergeant Sunshine for yonks "And all the time it's now somehow".

Thanks Paul etc...

chrs
    andi :m2:

Last edited: Jan 4, 2009
  8. HarperPR

HarperPR My destiny offers me up like a lamb

Andi, would it be Joanna Lumley?:confused1: Not that I personally think so (although I can do RP, as well as estuary and regional!:biggrin:), but from my myspace blog comments, others think so...

And no, we are NOT having a poll to guess my age - but it's younger than Joanna Lumley!:wink:

9. Travellerman

Travellerman Aye lad, I knew you had it in you

My first pin-up :blushing: :D

10. pd

Linn was particularly good in "Sapphire and Steel" though that program used to scare the hell out of me!

11. webbyla

webbyla Computer stained fingers

Posh Linn

I thought Linn had a certain Joanna Lumley loveliness to her voice.

Also PD hit the spot with Sergeant Sunshine - that is what I love about those first 3 early albums some amazing vocal performances mixed in with some inspired guitar playing. Admittedly you have to put up with the odd throw away song - "Exercising some control" anyone?.

The female co-vocalist on Sergeant Sunshine really works well against Roy's (youthful) voice. Made sitting in a traffic jam, late for work much more bearable!

/wla
    PS PD is right - Sapphire and Steele was terrifying. I still remember one episode where a character without a face could trap people into photgraphs. Sorry gone waaaaaaay off topic now.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2009
  12. aspwatterson

Lpr {sin}

"..far away from the cold night air....oh wouldn't it be Lumely, Lumely, Lumely!"

I think she's got a secret PR job for Greggs and she's doing undercover marketing?!

chrs
    andi :m2:

Last edited: Jan 7, 2009
  13. Dr_Doom_The_Optimist

Dr_Doom_The_Optimist In a beautiful rambling mess

Paul, you really need to clarify which Ultravox LP you were listening to. The Midge-free 'Ha! Ha! Ha!' is a fine album. An impossible mixture of Prog and Punk.

+A

14. pete c

pete c I've got a zappy little nappy

Nice work Linn, and Paul of course. I enjoyed that.

If everyone here promises to contribute (and buy a copy) I think another Horsd'Oeuvres could happen, given the right level of interest... what d'you think?

15. aspwatterson

?

Sorry don't understand or I'm being usually thick?

andi:m2:

16. pete c

pete c I've got a zappy little nappy

The magazine which linn talks about in the podcast, not the song. I should have made that clear.

17. Jim

Jim Computer stained fingers

excellent

bit late on this one but really enjoyed it

what's a twitter account?

james

18. pd

Twitter is a "microblogging" site, used by celebrities and vain people to pass small snippets of info in SMS-sized chunks to their adoring "followers". It can be useful, sometimes. See my signature below for the link to mine.

19. webbyla

webbyla Computer stained fingers

Celebrity, vain or both?

So which are you Paul?

(I consider you a minor celebrity in world of all things Harper!)

Following people on Twitter can be quite fun.

What have you got lined up for Podcast 19?

20. pd

This is left as an exercise for the reader :)

Re podcast 19, it's going to be a bit of a Patrick McGoohan special I think. Plus of course the second part of Linn's interview, which I have to edit shortly come to think of it...

P.