1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Podcast 19

Discussion in 'Podcast' started by pd, Feb 1, 2009.

1. pd

pd Slightly Desperate Staff Member

I've just published podcast 19. I've very pleased with this one. I spent a lot more time than usual on editing/mixing, for reasons which will become obvious, and had a lot of fun with it.

Paul.

2. pconpie

pconpie I've got a zappy little nappy

Hi Paul,

Just listened to episode 19 on the bus this morning and really enjoyed it. I heard 'Referendum (Legend)' in a totally new light this morning and had to pull out the inner sleeve for 'HQ' to read the lyrics again.

Roy's own comment on that sleeve;

"Legend was always a candidate for how I thought intense music should be. I wasn't able to do it then but I've got much nearer now."

This of course led me back to 'The Sophisticated Beggar' for a listen to 'Legend' to which I don't have lyrics (must get the book).

Anyway back to the podcast. Linn's interview was interesting. Forget me not is a beautiful song. Home is Easy Listening (as stated on the side one label of 'Flashes From The Archives Of Oblivion' , not just my opinion) and then to finish on The Prisoner theme, inspired. This also sent me rooting and searching for the old VHS tapes of the series as I listened to McGoohan's Blues. And now to find a working VCR.

Bye for now,

Paul C.

3. webbyla

webbyla Computer stained fingers

producer

in the podcast Linn mentioned that there was a "big" producer interested in Nick.

Any ideas?

4. aspwatterson

aspwatterson The Unknown Soldier

Legend of a popcorn pie

Have been listening to Legend every day recently for a coupla weeks for some reason...if I don't, I stand the dirty chance of dying stone cold sober.. classic Roy in it's starkness of what we are going through... because everything is everything because it just is. Unfathomnable but don't let it dwarf you. It's exciting n':17:est ce pas?

So just appreciate your surroundings far beyond human comprehension.

Enjoy it, even though we don't understand even a fraction of the quarkish Universe. Don't let your ignorance depress you. Become one with feeling the Universe rather than white sticks tapping walls trying to reason it out. Our minds are tools made by Nature [not manufactured by human beings] so we're never going to know everything otherwise the mind will not develop anymore without the continual strivance to search and evolve....the Nature <Station> Master will never give you all you need to know, because then life would be boring and not be empirically didactically expanding all the time in learning new frontiers in space.Perhaps Nature itself does not know where it's going and matures or dies through every explosion in space or our minds? So face your impending death with equanimity and say thank you for all the borrowed time.

... although how do you go through living without seeing yourself?...just feed them on Santa Claus.Why have I worried about people for so long and I hated myself when I was [so-called] living...spinning leaves falling through an eternal horizon of time...don't you think we <could> be forever?

chrs
    andi :22:

Last edited: Feb 7, 2009
  5. webbyla

webbyla Computer stained fingers

Legend

Legend has always been one of my fave Roy tracks. Referendum is possibly a bit more focussed on its tartget but loses something with its fuller sound/production.

6. Dr_Doom_The_Optimist

Dr_Doom_The_Optimist In a beautiful rambling mess

That's the exact same question I was about to ask. This was the most interesting point in the podcast for me (well done again PD, nice work with the Prisoner interludes - and your own comments/observations are always incisive too). I think Nick needs to refine his "sound" (on record) , and a new producer would hopefully do that. His recordings can sometimes sound a bit flat and 'overclean', if that makes sense, and they're not doing justice to the songs.

Depends who you're talking about Linn! Need this be a secret?

+A

7. HarperPR

HarperPR My destiny offers me up like a lamb

This was the most interesting point in the podcast - oh thanks!:angry: Don't worry, you'll be free of me in Poddy 20!:biggrin:

Depends who you're talking about Linn! Need this be a secret? - it's not so much being a secret, as respecting that people may not necessarily want it publicised. It probably won't ever happen anyway, but the person concerned is a friend of mine so that's how it came up.

8. Dr_Doom_The_Optimist

Dr_Doom_The_Optimist In a beautiful rambling mess

I didn't mean it like that! I just meant I think you were really onto something with that observation. I totally agree with you.

+A