1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Podcast 20

Discussion in 'Podcast' started by pd, Mar 1, 2009.

1. pd

pd Slightly Desperate Staff Member

This time round I have an interview with George Fort, an artist from the US who's worked with Roy on a few things. I thought it was interesting in the light of the recent Stormcock "The code in the artwork" essays from Roy.

Paul.

2. webbyla

webbyla Computer stained fingers

Another good one Paul.

George seems to be a thoroughly likeable bloke - polite, funny and amusing. Oh and talented ... God I hate him :wink:

/wyla

PS I was groaning at your Y2K bug joke

3. webbyla

webbyla Computer stained fingers

forgot

forgot to mention that the version of "South Africa" played on the podcast is the best version I have heard.

I don't have the BBC sessions stuff so am obviously missing out ...

4. Dr_Doom_The_Optimist

Dr_Doom_The_Optimist In a beautiful rambling mess

Crawler! Jeeze, that's the last time I pay you a compliment Davison!

Really enjoyed this one. Interesting to hear of Roy's approach and direction on the artwork. Is there a part 2 to this?

Best,
    +A

5. pd

:D

Yes, there's a part two coming, possibly a bit more amusing, but you can be the judge(s)...

P.

6. bzoli

bzoli Guest

Hi Paul,
    I really enjoyed the recent podcast, congratulations on that, very well done. It is always a special event for me to hear the podcasts.
    It's good to hear about George, I looked his pictures in 'the book' and they look great.
    As for the demo version of thedreamsociety, I would be also very interested on that (never heard about it). Do you think it will be available some day?
    Have a very great springtime!
    Cheers,
    Zoltan

7. bez

bez I've got a zappy little nappy

all 20 done (phew)

Hi Paul , just listened to episode 20 and have caught up only problem is i,ve now got to wait 2 weeks for the next one, I have a memory of a track called CORA and have a feeling it was the B side to CASUALTY would love to hear it again if its out there . Thanks again

8. Travellerman

Travellerman Aye lad, I knew you had it in you

You'll find Cora on 'Loony on the bus' and 'Commercial Breaks' if you can get a hold of either. :D

9. pd

I'll see about running that track on the next podcast.

10. SHAUN I

SHAUN I It's so clear on the wings of the dawn

Great podcast as usual Paul, there's always something to look forward to these days, it's great hearing how George became a fan, and I can relate to the unrequited response concerning Roy's music, from his friends. Nice to hear George is a Zappa fan too ("You know we gotta stick together") :biggrin:

Great music again too, loved the South Africa from BBC Tapes 1, what a great set of discs, a must in any Roy Harper collection! The Festival Hall version of Sophisticated Beggar was fantastic too, another album I regularly play. It's become a ritual in my house now, each month I have to get my son off to bed, then I get settled under the stairs with my Stella etc. :sifone: and headphones on. Undisturbed escapism and peace to drift off for an hour or two! Nice one Paul, I look forward to the next installment..

Shaun.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 25, 2009