1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Podcast 6

Discussion in 'Podcast' started by pd, Feb 3, 2008.

1. pd

pd Slightly Desperate Staff Member

I've just published podcast 6. The interview this month is with Darren Crisp. Our chat went on for a long time so I have had to split the interview into two parts. The second part will be next month.

I would like to apologise for the continuing lengthy nature of the podcast; I would prefer them to be an hour in length but with the inclusion of a long interview and my wish to have "McGoohans Blues" in there this time, it just wasn't possible even after I cut one of the audio tracks. I'll try harder!

Darren and I spoke about the possibility of having him back again later in the year, potentially "in person" this time since he'll be in my neck of the woods at some point while he's on the road with a tour. I was anticipating having quite a lot of questions/comments for Darren once both parts of the interview are out, so we might set up a listener feedback "Q&A" for that in due course. We only really scratched the surface of Darren's experiences with Roy and other artistes, he has a lot more tales to tell.

2. Barry

Barry Computer stained fingers

No need to apologise Paul, these podcasts are great, just downloading the latest, can't wait to listen to some quality entertainment as there's the usual offering of ****e on TV.

3. Kenny_Wisdom

Kenny_Wisdom Computer stained fingers

I really, really enjoyed the Darren Crisp interview. Overall, the standard still remains excellently high, Paul. These are a real treat.

On the A-Z...I'm intrigued how you're going to pull this off...anyone want a guess on the tricky letters?

4. SHAUN I

SHAUN I It's so clear on the wings of the dawn

Me too looks like X and Q will be nigh on impossible unless anyone has any ideas! :confused1:

Smokin' rope is crazy!

5. pd

I have all the letters planned out and meticulously detailed on a large A3 wall chart directly above the microphone. Months of planning prior to the podcast mean I am not unprepared in any way and have everything arranged to the smallest detail, and will never get caught out by difficult letters.

And if you believe that, I have a bridge to sell you too...

6. Sadfish

Sadfish I've got a zappy little nappy

good to see our kid getting a mention, I remember all the hard work he used to put in sticking all the articles together for the fanzine all those years ago!!!

The smell of Cow Gum in the morning will never leave me !:w00t::w00t:

7. pd

I found it funny to think of doing things the "old fashioned" way with paper and glue. I suppose that just goes to show how much things have progressed in the last couple of decades. What was that famous quote?

8. aspwatterson

aspwatterson The Unknown Soldier

'A' is for Afghani. 'B' is for Baking. 'C' is for Cannaboil !!

..... but I know.... :sifone:

:party: :thumbup1:

9. aspwatterson

aspwatterson The Unknown Soldier

Cow gum.....

Hello cow gum on my hand!
    Is this place at your command?
    Can I stay here for a while?
    Can I smell your sweet sweet smell?
    Old enuf now to change to change to email
    It's the chemicals in you
    That you make you smell like bovine hell!

aw:eek:

10. pete c

pete c I've got a zappy little nappy

The podcast was brilliant, Paul. Good to hear from Darren. Maybe I can help him compile that special Horsd'Oeuvres Issue, don't know if you can still get Cow Gum though. :biggrin:

11. Wee Steve

Wee Steve Computer stained fingers

Perfect way to start the day, especially this day.

Lovely to hear Mr Crisp: how I miss his magic briefcase full of goodies at gigs, although the sad demise of Awareness did not make comfortable listening. I often wondered.

It was particularly good to hear slightly different versions of Our Favourites, like "Highway Blues" and "MacGoohan". A nice theme, that idea.

As always, more ink to your biro, or whatever it is you use to construct this pod thing.

:thumbup1:

12. Jim

Jim Computer stained fingers

I want money back

Love the podcast as always
    but wanted you to ask darren for my money back -
    I subscribed to 4 Hors d'Oeuvres magazines in the 90s
    and I only got one.

Then they never published any more!

He owes me a few quid.

Only joking.

Meanwhile I have them all from 12 til the last
    but none before that - who has the lot?

Keep up the good work

james

13. Barry

Barry Computer stained fingers

I've got 'em all!

14. SteveT

SteveT Gracing the Bahamas in see through pyjamas

Looking for numbers 3 and four if anyone has a spare they could offer.

15. critch

critch Aye lad, I knew you had it in you

Just saw this so I fought I'd have to post it...! :biggrin:

Attached Files:

16. SHAUN I

SHAUN I It's so clear on the wings of the dawn

I second that, Darren had some good tales to tell. Roy forgetting the lyrics at gigs was a regular occurence, and at the time was just the norm for a Roy performance..(wondering what I got up for!) Looking forward to the second installment pd!

Smokin' rope is crazy! :sifone:

17. HarperPR

HarperPR My destiny offers me up like a lamb

I LOVED Hd'O! Bring it back.

When we were doing the instores last summer, I noticed at that time when we were in Jack's Records in Sheffield, that they had quite a few HdO back issues on the racks. Maybe worth trying.