1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Podcast 7 -crispy goodness

Discussion in 'Podcast' started by pd, Feb 29, 2008.

1. pd

pd Slightly Desperate Staff Member

I've just published podcast 7. I've kept it short (ish) despite the long interview so it'll fit on a CD-R for those of you that like to play it on the hifi or in the car (or even archive for posterity!).

Do you have questions or comments aimed at Darren Crisp, after listening to the whole interview? If so, please post them to this thread. Darren will answer these, either in the forums here, or in a future "feedback" interview.

Cheers

Paul.

2. Travellerman

Travellerman Aye lad, I knew you had it in you

Nice mate, well done, I am looking forward to this a lot.

And keeping it shorter means that it will download quicker too :D

Thanks!

3. SHAUN I

SHAUN I It's so clear on the wings of the dawn

Thought No7 was very interesting, with the second half of Darren Crisps' interview. What a great job he had touring across Canada, Europe etc with RH.

I do understand Andy Ware's point about not wanting to go backstage and get involved further at that time, I think in that perspective it would have changed his view somewhat of Roy's stage persona. I am still very intrigued about all the archive audio and film material that RH and DC have between them, and my question to Darren would be - How difficult would it be to realistically turn it into a working project? I'm pretty sure the demand would outstrip the supply!

Another compelling listen Paul and good choice of music too, particularly liked Life Goes By and Bank of The Dead..Cheers

4. Travellerman

Travellerman Aye lad, I knew you had it in you

Agreed, these podcasts are quite a highlight of my month!

Interviewing Darren was fascinating stuff and I felt like a lot of rumours, or questions I had thought about for years were covered very well by his forthright and open manner.

One of the things about Roy is that he used to tell a few stories and save others 'for another day' or hint at things that were never discussed again, "roundabouts tiptoed with reason" perhaps ;) .

Anyhow, well done Paul another quality offering.

5. pH

pH I've got a zappy little nappy

Podcast 7

A great one again, Paul. Darren has a dignified and respectful approach to people - a true gent I would say. Some gems there in terms of Roy stories; looking forward to some future involvement by Darren.

Pete