1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Podcast 8

Discussion in 'Podcast' started by pd, Apr 1, 2008.

1. pd

pd Slightly Desperate Staff Member

Please post any comments here. I apologise for the very rushed finish to the podcast. In the words of Sandy Denny, "who knows where the time goes..". Well in this case it was due to having 2 interviews but I simply had to have them, didn't I! I'm hoping that 80 minutes just about fits onto a CD.

I was planning to get episode 1 of the Robert Harbin podcast out today as well but that's stuck in production for a while yet.

Paul.

2. Travellerman

Travellerman Aye lad, I knew you had it in you

Oh yes!... I'm off to download it now! :w00t:

Well done mate, just in time for my days off too! :D:D:D

3. SHAUN I

SHAUN I It's so clear on the wings of the dawn

Really enjoyed the 8th podcast Paul and some great stuff from Dave and Sue Burnham. I've spent many hours reading Nick and Roy reviews on Dave's website they are compulsive reading for Harper fans! I'd forgotten how good that version of Hangman was too now I've converted entirely to CD format (hopefully the re-issue of IBEL will include it)

I remember the origami programmes of the mid 70's and my pathetic attempts to create dinosaurs etc. (it was similar to watching paint dry :D) I think I'll leave it to the experts! :banghead: Kidding aside I may have a listen to the future origami podcast; I also thought it was good how you crammed all the closing credits in at the end and didn't stop for breath..Looking forward to part 2 of this and also part 2 of the Darren Crisp interview.

Regards Shaun

4. pd

Thanks Shaun.
    That's already done! Episode 6 was Darren Crisp part 1, Episode 7 was Darren Crisp part 2...
    (edit: or did you mean when I get him back for some more Q&A?)
    P.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2008
  5. SHAUN I

SHAUN I It's so clear on the wings of the dawn

You said he'd return for some Q & A's, is this on the cards for the near future?

6. pd

Right. I don't have any news about that at all but Darren is somewhat preoccupied at the moment with work and some family business.

We didn't get anywhere near as much feedback as I had expected for his interview, but perhaps if I formally gather some questions from people once I have a schedule, we'll get some more involvement.

Paul.

7. Dr_Doom_The_Optimist

Dr_Doom_The_Optimist In a beautiful rambling mess

I enjoyed Number 8 very much Paul. The origami thing was inspired... and interesting tales galore from the Burnhams! Great. That old radio appearance went a little awry... bit of overindulgence on *something* by the sounds of it. And I liked the quote from Roy's school report: "Has been seen in the vicinity of the school recently".

Good stuff.

Best,
    +A

8. aspwatterson

aspwatterson The Unknown Soldier

Pod Eight

Wonderful stuff Paul! Keep up the good work. Had never heard that version of Hallucinating Light! Amazing!

aw

9. Bob Jacobs

Bob Jacobs Ride away in style

Brilliant Paul! You took me in hook line and sinker with the origami. It was only when I got home at the end of a long hard day that I realised! I loved Roy and Nick larking about on Southern Counties Radio. More of the same please! Well done Dave and Sue too.

You also asked for feedback on the inclusion of work by other artists. As long as there is a clear connection to Roy or Stormcock, I'm all for it. I enjoyed the Porvari song, though it was nowhere near as good as Hallucinating Light, which is beautiful as ever. Hangman's one of my least favourite songs, I'm afraid, but good to hear that version again. My copy of BEL remains much under-played ...

Bob

10. Kenny_Wisdom

Kenny_Wisdom Computer stained fingers

Wait...the Robert Harbin...you mean...doh.....:rofl:

I am an idiot. I was going to listen to the Podcast Saturday and I had a stack of Harbin questions to ask you. I was going to leave voicemails and everything.

*Ahem*

11. pH

pH I've got a zappy little nappy

I dunno 'ow many times I've been listening to the podcast then just idly click on some other link to look at something whilst I'm listening and *CHOP*! Surely I am not alone here ??

Nice one again, Paul. I am going to have to get my young brother into the podcasts now as he was way into origami and I do remember RH (The Origami RH) on black and white tv. Nice to hear more Stormcock members being i/vd.

Some belated feedback on Darren Crisp's i/vs: he is a man of the people - a very empathetic soul and very "music fan-compassionate" if you get my meaning. He understands from a music enthusiast's viewpoint why we do what *we* do. A very refreshing and different individual in the "biz", I think.

Now, when's that Chris Spedding / JPJ / Bruford "HQ Interview"? :svengo:

thanks, mate!

Pete

12. pd

Thanks for the feedback, Pete.
    Hmm. The inbuilt player on the web page is really intended for people to preview the podcast and decide whether it's something they want to listen to. I had assumed most people would then click on the "Download audio file" link to grab the mp3 onto their local machine so they could play it in iTunes, winamp, or whatever...!

Paul.

13. pH

Got'ny more of them Roy and Nick i/vs?

14. pH

<<<Hmm. The inbuilt player on the web page is really intended for people to preview the podcast and decide whether it's something they want to listen to. I had assumed most people would then click on the "Download audio file" link to grab the mp3 onto their local machine so they could play it in iTunes, winamp, or whatever...!>>>

oooh, that must be for people who know wot they're doing!

15. pete c

pete c I've got a zappy little nappy

Excellent stuff again Paul. The origami update in particular made me smile.
    Wonder how long after that interview mr Boyd kept his job for?

:)

16. pd

One or two but nothing as wild as that one! They'll appear eventually, but I've been holding back on using old recorded stuff so I can call on it when I don't have a main interview to play and so on.

17. pH

Fair enough ... I really enjoyed that one! It's rare when the interviewer and interviewees really hit it off and they had a bit of a spark there. It doesn't happen often and I think the chaotic atmos there really helped this one to kick on. Nick would have appreciated (and fostered) that.

18. aspwatterson

aspwatterson The Unknown Soldier

Origami

For Origami construction of a flying V Guitar [not quite a Gibson] go to :-

http://dev.origami.com/images_pdf/flyingv.pdf

May take some time to load and there's loads of other models on their site searchable.

rgds
    andi :thumbup1:

19. Travellerman

Travellerman Aye lad, I knew you had it in you

That was great, as always.

The Tommy Boyd interview was hilarious, thanks for making that available, this stuff needs to be preserved and disseminated. :D

"can I read the news tonight"... brilliant :D

20. fuzzytnth3

fuzzytnth3 Gracing the Bahamas in see through pyjamas

Origami software

For anyone that was enthused by Paul's impressive origami skills in Podcast 8 heres some software to help the less talented among us ie. me fer one.

TreeMaker

:)