1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Possible Harpic Venue - Penistone Paramount

Discussion in 'On Tour' started by Green Man, May 11, 2008.

1. Green Man

Green Man Guest

Linn/anyone,

Any chance that Mr Nick might consider playing here for a future gig?

http://www.penistoneparamount.co.uk/index.asp

I reckon the capacity & whatnot would suit his requirements. It's a stunning little venue.

Must admit that I have a vested interest in this, as it's literally about two minutes down the road from where I live - well a boy can dream, can't he? :D

2. Green Man

Green Man Guest

3. HarperPR

HarperPR My destiny offers me up like a lamb

Sent you PM.

4. scotpaulabear

scotpaulabear Halfway up my own guitar, propping up another bar

Huh huh, I feel like Beavis and Butthead when I hear Penistone :wink:

My mate and I have a pic of the "Welcome to Upperthong" sign near 'Olmfirth with us both holding up (not wearing, thank feck!) thongs. Oh yeah we are very adult, us :smilielol5:

But I love that part of the world so I'm all for a gig there - the friends who couldn't come along t'Picturedrome on Friday night really want to come along next time it's semi-local!

5. Barry

Barry Computer stained fingers

any chance of a solo gig in sussex or hants?

6. HarperPR

Barry, you had Brighton last tour and Arundel upcoming...!:D

7. Barry

Barry Computer stained fingers

Arundel is very near where i live but I guess most of the gig will be the levellers and other support.
    Was hoping for a solo gig.

8. Green Man

Green Man Guest

S'alright Paula - even the locals make gags about the name. This was compounded recently when a keen local gardener unveiled a bush cunningly shaped like a "Speciality sausage/Ladypleaser" (there is no pleasant way of putting it really).

The council forced him to "Bobbit" said offending erection after sveral complaints. Boo!

Last edited by a moderator: May 12, 2008
  9. p.e.todd@btinternet.com

p.e.todd@btinternet.com I've got a zappy little nappy

So did he have to make it a neater bush then?? :wink:

10. telemonster

telemonster I've got a zappy little nappy

penistone

i'd go!

aside from the hilarious penistone, this area is blessed with such place names as: wombwell, scunthorpe and jump!
    i'm fairly sure there's a place lincs/cambs way called 'bitchfield'.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2008
  11. critch

critch Aye lad, I knew you had it in you

Hey linn, any chance of a gig in a place literally downstairs from me? It's called "The living room" and it's got a capacity for 5 or 6. Maybe even 10 standing. It's a bring your own beer place but tea and coffee making facilities are available in a little place next door, i like to call "the kitchen". I'm willing to consider offering up to half door sales.

:D

12. HarperPR

The ideal place would be Critchley Lawns - I told you that garden would be superb and he'd even have a little stage area and a 'dressing room' at the bottom end. You could get a host of people in there!:biggrin: Don't know what the neighbours would think, but if you could sort it with them....

13. critch

I'm sure it'd be ok as long as we invited the neighbours! We could have a big bbq too.

I wouldn't mind hosting a gathering on the basis nick was going to appear. Be a good laugh! We need a name for this tour. Any ideas? How about "Nick on the grass tour"? :eek:

14. telemonster

telemonster I've got a zappy little nappy

penis tone

is he due back ooop north anytime soon? i know he did huddersfield a while back, cos i was down to go (mainly to see 'right on troubadour', andyshades who writes **** songs, apparently) but couldn't make it. be good to see a full-length set sometime!

there's a nice little old theatre in wakefield, i think, i saw the ukulele orchestra of great britain there last year that's a cracking little venue for the less popular 'turn'.

15. HarperPR

A TOUR??? I think you're getting carried away.:D

16. critch

What? Again? :) Those men in white coats never leave me alone...