1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Post tour reflections...?

Discussion in 'On Tour' started by HarperPR, Nov 27, 2007.

1. HarperPR

HarperPR My destiny offers me up like a lamb

Well, with Nick now having been and gone once more, does anyone have any post tour comments, views, favourite moments, songs, dare I also add complaints?!

For me, even though I took in 6 of the dates, it still felt like a 'short' tour somehow. It was brill to meet up with old friends and the various venue people I knew - and make new acquaintances with all those who recognised me from MySpace!

2. Barry

Barry Computer stained fingers

Nick often plays Brighton, where he is always well supported but I have to say he is also popular in Pompey and was awesome on Sunday, more Pompey gigs please!
    I also really enjoyed the set by The Visitors who provided excellent support, hats off to whoever booked them.

3. HarperPR

HarperPR My destiny offers me up like a lamb

They were lovely guys too (Adam on keyboards just 17!). Ross was so nervous before going on as his throat was bad, but did a sterling vocal job. I liked James's sax break which added to the set I think. He was so in awe of Nick: he couldn't believe it when after closing Nick got out the Lowden and played again! They have played there before, so well done to Steve the Cellars main man.

4. aspwatterson

aspwatterson The Unknown Soldier

So sorry Uncle Albert to miss Nick this time!

The highlight of my present life was when Roy at the Clon 2007 gathering night turned round to me and said 'Are you Andrew Watterson?'

I felt as though I'd met St Peter [or de Pope] at the Pearly Gates/Vatican!

I presume he recognised my ugly mug from the pic of myself on this site?

Might have to go a bit more incognito in future but have nothing to hide basically that I can rationally think of; when I'm sober, apart, from the very occasional over-indulgence! Ask Ian Croppers ; he's knows all about me unfortunately! But was on holiday in Ireland and that's my excuse! He did actually look after me and my undying thanks stretch out to him. Still have these ancient Morris Dancing books waiting to be posted to Colchester, as long as he hasn't changed his peripateticity/address?

Yo!
    andisean