1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Promos on Ebay

Discussion in 'General' started by dusher, Mar 19, 2012.

1. dusher

dusher I've got a zappy little nappy

Does anyone know what the promos that are appearing on E Bay are all about . Stormcock , Bull , Flat B . on the believe digital label , what i want to know is are they new remasters

2. SHAUN I

SHAUN I It's so clear on the wings of the dawn

I have one of the Sophisticated Beggar promos, basically they are Believe Digital promotional copies from the recent RH media blitz, mainly sent to radio stations etc. The first four albums reissued were Stormcock, Flat Baroque And Berserk, Bullinamingvase and Sophisticated Beggar. And yes they are the finished Believe Digital product. The only downside is they come in plastic wallets with crude single sheet printed covers.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 20, 2012
  3. dusher

dusher I've got a zappy little nappy

Is the remastering a significant improvement on the Science friction releases ?
    and do you know if there are plans for a physical release of these remastered CDs ?

4. SHAUN I

To be honest the Science Friction release is much richer on the bass and top end, as far as I know they are released as digital releases for itunes etc, thus spreading Roy's music far and wide into the digital age. I'll stick with good old fashioned CD's, they sound better to these old ears.

:m14:

5. Travellerman

Travellerman Aye lad, I knew you had it in you

I have all of them, plus the Songs of Love and Loss promo.

The songs of Love and Loss promo should / might include a couple of sheets of info and release dates. There are a couple of tracks on there that do sound different from the CD's I possess - but quite a few of those CD's are Awareness issues not Science Friction. It's worth a punt for the collector maybe (if the release info material is included). Again plastic wallets.

As for the other 4, only Stormcock sounds different from my original Awareness release, but probably identical to the current Science Friction remaster.

Hope that helps.

...now, about those release dates and "final compilation" :wink:

6. bigchris

bigchris Aye lad, I knew you had it in you

Any collectors out there seen this ( http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Roy-Harpe...usic_Music_Memorabilia_LE&hash=item2c63e485ce ) .. erm ... I reckon if I get some new ink in my printer, I'll be able to sell some copies of this item for a fiver ... 1/2 price ... and post 'em to you for the price of a first class stamp ( & not the extra 3 quid ?!?! )

7. SteveT

SteveT Gracing the Bahamas in see through pyjamas

I've "watched" the first one of those that came up on ebay and it didn't sell. Can't remember if this one is the same seller.

8. Travellerman

I have a hand written setlist from a 100 Club gig and it's not in my handwriting ;-). I thought Roy kept his setlists, so maybe they are rare?

9. bigchris

bigchris Aye lad, I knew you had it in you

A hand written one may be worth something ( especially if you could prove it was Roys handwriting and not the sound enginners ) ... but a printed one, like the one above - surely that's not worth the paper it's printed on (?!) and as it didn't sell for the £13 requested - I'm probably right !!

10. SHAUN I

I 'd be very interested in buying Roy's hand written setlists, but this printed list...words fail me, is the seller actually serious? It makes me wonder sometimes! :confused1:

11. Travellerman

I should have said that on the Songs of Love and Loss promo several of the tracks have been remastered as I think Roy indicated. 4 sound a little different from my Science Friction (or Awareness CD's) (louder) and Frozen Moment has a slightly different fade out from the original album IIRC! (The difference is slight).