1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Radio silence?

Discussion in 'Press and Media' started by critch, Jul 28, 2008.

1. critch

critch Aye lad, I knew you had it in you

Some of you may remember a thread on harperspace.Co.Uk which listed all the radio stations and dj's who are worth emailing to request nick. Can we find this list? Let's get our homework going again.

2. pixiefitz

pixiefitz I've got a zappy little nappy

Mike Harding possibly on radio 2, and even Bob Harris??

3. scotpaulabear

scotpaulabear Halfway up my own guitar, propping up another bar

4. HarperPR

HarperPR My destiny offers me up like a lamb

Now why do I remember that?:biggrin:

5. critch

critch Aye lad, I knew you had it in you

We need to put together the list of e mythers don't we?! Any other thoughts on how we can do things to?

6. HarperPR

Pete Mitchell is in for Janice Long on Radio 2 (Mon - Fri, midnight to 3am) while she is on her hols.

So...maybe a word in if you've caught Nick at a festie recently and a play request?!

Pete.mitchell@bbc.co.uk

7. HarperPR

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio2/shows/harding/folkvault.shtml

Would the BBC have any live Nick OBs in the vault? I'm not sure the sessions with Jan count! But how about leaving a comment on the link above? And don't forget the Radio 2 messageboard - perhaps time to bring the Harpic name up again there...

8. Shortcake

Shortcake I've got a zappy little nappy

9. HarperPR

Thanks, Shortcake, for that. The reply you got I have pasted below (my highlighting in bold). Do others agree/disagree with the comment? Discuss - here and maybe back on the Radio 2 board as well.

Possibly because Nick Harper is inconsistent.

I've seen him play an absolutely wonderful and spell-binding performance at the Liverpool Phil in support of Squeeze, both solo and with Squeeze; they had mislaid yet another keyboard player and Glenn was on keyboards so Nick was doing lead guitar.

I've also seen him do an absolutely awfull live set a couple of years later too. I've never worked out which was the more "normal", which has since put me off forking out more money to find out.

10. just jane

just jane Computer stained fingers

I would say try another town, Liverpool for me has seen the best and worst Harper gigs Ive ever been to.
    Is Nicks performance ever normal?
    I never saw Nick in his Squeeze time(didnt get to any gigs at all due too a few years of family trauma)but the Liverpool Phil is a lovely place and is very professionally run which gives it a great atmosphere,other places he may play in Liverpool are more unpredictable with sticky floors and talkers at the bar.I dont see how they could be compared.

11. aspwatterson

aspwatterson The Unknown Soldier

Inconsistency is a creative normal human trait otherwise we would all be boring like the UK weather yeah?!

aw :smilielol5: