1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Random funny images

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by pd, Dec 1, 2009.

1. aspwatterson

aspwatterson The Unknown Soldier

YT funnies

Sori if u seen this b4 :

[youtube]SW3gJFrZ4hY[/youtube]

A

2. bigchris

bigchris Aye lad, I knew you had it in you

Don't know if it's cos I've not really woke up yet ... but I didn't find that funny at all !!!!

3. aspwatterson

Give up..

Give up from the flak all surrounding. Don't worry just talking to myself.

A

4. scotpaulabear

scotpaulabear Halfway up my own guitar, propping up another bar

Andi, you post every single thing you find everywhere in context or out of it, and then you're 'giving up' cos we're giving you flak? I hold my tongue all the time when you post totally off-topic stuff like it's going out of style, or when you make so many posts on Avebury in every thread (whether they have anything to do with it or not) that people are probably sick of hearing about it already, because honestly I don't like to get down on anyone. But throwing it back at Chris or anyone else is ridiculous... I'm not enjoying posting on here much anymore, cos there's very little banter and lots of noise, and I'm only really posting to spread the word about what Nick is doing cos he's the reason I got here in the first place.

*breathes deeply*
    Sorry I'll shut up now. :bored:

5. aspwatterson

Tongue in flak..

All in the wind. We are all united through some glorious artists. Perhaps flak was the wrong word, soz..

A

6. aspwatterson

Spb..

SPB : I actually do agree with you, and in future will treat this medium rather as a news alert, than social networking in future. The chat option never seemed to gel anyway did it? Thought that Avebury was sticky and our banter didn't affect the posting board. Perhaps that's what PD's working on from the far East? Thanks and love. Pandi

7. scotpaulabear

scotpaulabear Halfway up my own guitar, propping up another bar

Okay, that wasn't my point at all... :confused1:
    This isn't just for news, and as I've said I wish we had more banter here like on the old Harperspace board. I wish I knew why we don't... :closedeyes: A bit more discussion would be cool! Mostly on-topic when in on-topic threads of course. :wink: I can but dream...

8. aspwatterson

I...

I think there a various reasons for this SPB. The old Mistlethrush email exchange site is still going where ol'Cockers can continue to vent their spleen about anything on/off topic. There are literally thousands of archive material pages going back years where everything to do with Roy [and some Nick] has been discussed, analysed,agonised over, dissected, put through the washing machine, tumble-dried, hung out on the washing line,interpreted, hijacked,nuanced, metaphoricised, plagiarised, satirised to an nth degree. Sometimes volcanoes would erupt with flame wars even.

A lot of the participants are more or less approaching Roy's grand age and several have computer backgrounds/jobs which probably makes them less willing to face the tedious keyboard again having been stuck on it all the days of their precious lives.

With Facebook now and the advent of Twitter there is an outlet to relieve oneself to a select few of your choosing which is why forums like this are mainly used for sharing news about our stars and not chitchat. I just love the fact that we can comm with them under their umbrella and they are part of our lives even when not on the stage. Roy's getting quite addicted to Facebook by the sound of his latest missives from deepest India.

I just hope some of the stuff I've sent has been fun and useful, and I'll probably be gravitating more to Facebook which I love. I expect others on here have Zappa [and other] forums to relieve themselves?

Toodlepip
    Andibear

Last edited: Feb 17, 2011
  9. pd

pd Slightly Desperate Staff Member

Youtube clips are not images. They are youtube clips.
    [​IMG]

10. Travellerman

Travellerman Aye lad, I knew you had it in you

... made me laugh :biggrin:

Attached Files:

11. pd

pd Slightly Desperate Staff Member