1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rarest ever Roy Harper Commercial Breaks LP offered for sale with full colour sleeve

Discussion in 'General' started by stuart langford, Nov 6, 2011.

1. stuart langford

stuart langford I've got a zappy little nappy

We were at last night's wonderful gig...got home to re-live some Roy recording moments. BUT...we have decided to offer to the highest bidder our genuine proper colour printed sleeve (never glued) white label pressing of COMMERCIAL BREAKS. MINT CONDITION I had a work colleague whose brother worked at Harvest and he got this for us, genuinely believing it was about to be released ...4077 and all that...This was signed by ROY, at Newcastle University Theatre many years ago...he nearly snapped it in half, but then he wrote 'Not Good Enough' across the white label, plus his autograph. Nick was there and said he had heard of this LP but never seen a copy!! Darren Crisp offered us £200 at the time, we can't remember when but Roy had a Citroen CX Safari as his transport and Bose PA...maybe 20 years ago or more?? Before we put this on Ebay we wanted the Stormers to have a chance to acquire this absolute rarest piece ever of Harperalia...email us stuartlangford@hotmail.com Apologies is this post breaks forum rules, we weren't sure if selling an item was allowed!
    Stuart and Lesley Langford

2. pd

pd Slightly Desperate Staff Member

I don't mind this being on the site but have to point out that any transactions between readers and the seller are a private matter and the stormcock web site is not involved in any way and has no liability.

Cheers :)

3. Dr_Doom_The_Optimist

Dr_Doom_The_Optimist In a beautiful rambling mess

Proper colour sleeve, eh? That is massively rare. How much are you looking for, out of interest?

+A

4. stuart langford

Hi there...we know it's rare and we are looking for substantial offers over £300, perhaps £400+ We hope for more!!

The album is perfect, autographed, the real Garrod and Lofthouse printed card sleeve, LP has matrix number 2U-A and 2U-B stamped on the vinyl...it was about to be released then got pulled literally that week we believe. The sleeve has no tabs and folds, so may be a pre-production run proof, like a test pressing/white label. But it is the full colour one, never seen in captivity before...the legendary missing copy?

Best wishes
    Stuart

5. Alan Cynic

Alan Cynic Computer stained fingers

I've a b/w cover copy of it...never seen the 'real' cover on the flesh.

6. Travellerman

Travellerman Aye lad, I knew you had it in you

Any chance of a photo, for the records? and us mere mortals :D

7. stuart langford

I'll take a photo, to the best quality I can manage, and happily email it to anyone that wants it. Wasn't there a CD release with the 'original' artwork? I can't quite remember!

8. stuart langford

Photos of Commercial Break available if anyone emails me for them...other Harper items, cuttings, flyers, records...please email stuartlangford@hotmail for a list

9. bigchris

bigchris Aye lad, I knew you had it in you

Just to save anyone else the trouble; his email address ends in ".com" not ".co.uk" ( like my hotmail address )