1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RH GIG: ITV Legends, Metropolis Studios London, April 2.

Discussion in 'On Tour' started by pd, Jan 14, 2011.

1. pd

pd Slightly Desperate Staff Member

http://www.musicglue.com/metropolisstudios
    --
    ITV Studios & Metropolis Studios presents:
    ITV Legends: Roy Harper live concert recording

Roy Harper
    Saturday 2nd April 2011

We are extremely proud to announce the last artist in the six part filmed TV concerts ITV Legends.

Roy Harper has a pedigree of no less than 14 live and 21 studio albums and is credited as friend, inspiration and mentor to many of today's great artists. From being guest vocalist to Pink Floyd (Have A Cigar) to the subject of a Led Zeppelin song (Hats Off To Harper), to receiving the MOJO Hero Award from Jimmy Page, Roy’s career has never known a dull moment.

His appearances are rare (2 Festival Hall in the last 18 months) Roy will join us to be filmed in front of an audience of just 125 guests on Saturday April 2nd.

After a champagne reception there will be 2 x 45 minute sets spanning much of his career. You will meet Roy after the concert and your name will be on the DVD and credit roll of the programme.

Photographs taken at the concert and receptions will be available to all attendees.
    --

Tickets are on sale now at £195 each. Now I am sure some readers will have fainted by this point! However... a similar event took place in December with Van Der Graaf Generator (I didn't go) and the consensus was that it was a once-in-a-lifetime thing, and those that did go were full of nothing but praise for the event.

Hope to see you there.

Paul.

2. scotpaulabear

scotpaulabear Halfway up my own guitar, propping up another bar

Shall we take up a whip-round to send our forum representative? :biggrin:
    Chris, you can start lobbying now haha...

3. bigchris

bigchris Aye lad, I knew you had it in you

I seriously can not afford this (!) ... but that has never stopped me before ... and amazingly I have convinced Mik to join me ... so have just bought two tickets ( £209 each with booking fee !!! ). We have tickets to see Peter Kaye that night ( bought those over a year ago ) ... so the fact that we can't see him now & thus have wasted £40 a ticket there ... it is now costing us £250 each to see Roy !!!!

4. scotpaulabear

Yaaaay Chris! Hey at least Roy doesn't tour much :D

And I'm sure someone will take the Peter Kay tix off your hands on Ebay...

5. Travellerman

Travellerman Aye lad, I knew you had it in you

Nice! I think that sounds fabulous, does this get aired on TV too?

6. bigchris

bigchris Aye lad, I knew you had it in you

I wonder ( for that price ) if they will swap one of the bottles of champagne for a few cans of beer ?!!?

7. The Monster

The Monster I've got a zappy little nappy

Guess this answers my post earlier, to an extent.

Bit of a coincidence !

8. The Monster

Actually, I can't see the need for such a high price - what will they make,
    £5k? - drop in the ocean given ITV involvement.

Something just shy of a hundred would seem more realistic/reasonable, I'd have thought

Not saying at all that Roy's not worth it, just think the organisers are fleecing the fans somewhat

9. Shane

Shane Computer stained fingers

Its hard to criticise these kind of gigs since you don't actually have to go but i still find the price a bit shocking. This is a TV production company, they make tv shows every day of the week. Surely a band or solo performer playing a few songs in one of their studios is a relatively low cost production? I have no idea.

At least VdGG are actually quite active these days so you can safely skip the outrageously priced novelty gigs and go to a normal gig - i paid £17.50 for a ticket to their forthcoming glasgow gig - but thats not the case with RH although he did hint on facbook recently that he was planning a tour for this year.

10. SHAUN I

SHAUN I It's so clear on the wings of the dawn

I'd love to go to this, and will be out with my balaclava and crowbar later. Hopefully there will be some tickets left tomorrow, cheers for the info Paul.

11. scotpaulabear

I'd love to know if the 'service' was worth over £13 per ticket :p

12. Travellerman

Travellerman Aye lad, I knew you had it in you

13. SHAUN I

Hooray..Managed to get a ticket, look forward to seeing you there!

14. SHAUN I

Snap mate :biggrin:

15. aspwatterson

aspwatterson The Unknown Soldier

I'd....

I'd imagine that the gate money would primarily be exclusively for RH's pension pot. But still it does seem a bit niggardly. They could have expanded to the Albert Hall or somewhere but it sounds like it's an in house tv studio recording type venue?

LinnPR would probably know more about how these contracts are constructed between performer, host and promoter. Perhaps Roy will explain oneday to us nosey parkers? Didn't he say that he made more money out of buying and selling houses than with his music? He probably don't really appreciate having his fiscal affairs discussed publically but what the hell he's ours! We are the public! We are the people, we are everyone!

Lets hope he redeems himself by joining us all for charity at Avebury on the 9th July with his crazy boy with the wind in his hair.

Andy

16. The Monster

Would have thought Roy will be on a fixed fee, irrespective of the ticket income.

To be absolutely clear, my comment was aimed at the organisers; whatever Roy gets out of it he fully deserves.

17. Roydan

Roydan Computer stained fingers

Quite an exciting prospect though, be interesting to see which one of the 4 ITV channels it goes out on. Quite surprised we haven't had anything like this on BBC4 but it tends to revolve around the same few.

Anybody dare to take a guess at the set list? 2 x 45, chat permitting will probably allow for more than the usual suspects. Quietly hoping that Nick will join him for some blistering solo's and much deserved exposure.

18. Kenny_Wisdom

Kenny_Wisdom Computer stained fingers

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for at least one of Same Old Rock, Me and My Woman and One of Those Days in England...if not too indulgent, cutting into the set length...put Nick into the mix and I'd be over the moon.

19. SteveT

SteveT Gracing the Bahamas in see through pyjamas

I was wondering if it would be two completely different sets or if the second one may be used, at least partially, to repeat anything that didn't go quite to plan in the first set.

20. aspwatterson

aspwatterson The Unknown Soldier

You...

You never know he may do something new!? Like suddenly come out with a Stormcock 2 and surprise us all! He did hint a while back that he was still doing stuff.

Andi