1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RH GIG: ITV Legends, Metropolis Studios London, April 2.

Discussion in 'On Tour' started by pd, Jan 14, 2011.

1. bigchris

bigchris Aye lad, I knew you had it in you

sorry for pinching this thread - but yes congrats to you ... and Shaun sent you an email ... did you get it ?

2. SHAUN I

SHAUN I It's so clear on the wings of the dawn

Just got in from work mate, got the mail, cheers!

3. SHAUN I

Does anybody know exactly when the gig is being aired on TV?

4. Kenny_Wisdom

Kenny_Wisdom Computer stained fingers

good lord, call me cynical but given the vagaries of TV scheduling / budgeting / air-to-advertising-complications, I personally don't expect it to ever make it to TV.

OK, ITV, prove me wrong....

5. Roydan

Roydan Computer stained fingers

Does he refer to the BBC or ITV in the cut version of the DVD? On the night he thanked ITV as the BBC would never broadcast such a thing! My bet is to keep an eye on the Sky Arts listings.

6. Kenny_Wisdom

Call me old fashioned, but "ITV Legends" could be the big clue...:biggrin:

7. Roydan

It's the obvious one, but when I emailed them they weren't sure and suggested it would be on Sky Arts. Very confusing, there again all the folk stuff they put on Sky was originally done by Smooth Operations for a multitude of channels. It seems to be a dumping ground and a mixture from all sorts of different sources.

8. SHAUN I

Judging by the answers, I take it that's a no then! :biggrin:

9. Kenny_Wisdom

I don't want to sound all snarly yet, and it has only been a week since Metropolis emailed about our addresses, but has anyone actually had a DVD come from them yet?

(Not one you've bought privately)

10. SHAUN I

No DVD yet! :toetap05:

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 8, 2011
  11. Kenny_Wisdom

Ah well, I am the eternal optimist. Would love to sit down at the weekend with a beer and be spirited back to Chiswick...:m14:

12. bigchris

Well you can be with Amazon Prime - just order it today and you have it by tomorrow !! There's no harm in owning two copies of the DVD (!) When they released the Bill Nelson DVD from the same series on the same day as the Roy one - it went straight into the BBC's top 10 DVD chart - would have been great to see Roy listed up there !!

Perhaps it was because the Bill Nelson DVD is 20 minutes longer than Roy's - even though Roy's gig was 10 minutes longer than Bill's - go figure !?

13. Kenny_Wisdom

I had considered, although by the time Metro' get their backsides into gear it would take me to three copies!

Still deciding who the luck recipient of the spare copy will be...

14. SteveT

SteveT Gracing the Bahamas in see through pyjamas

I've never been to a Bill Nelson gig but I'm guessing that there's a little less chat between the songs.

15. bigchris

Well hopefully you are happy now ? Assuming you received your "free" DVDS in the post this morning - I got mine, but I do know that not everyone has received theirs yet ?!?

16. Roydan

No DVD, I re-emailed them last night. I think Big Chris may have been right all along. Might be time to buy one, I'm quite anxious to watch it.

17. bigchris

Ah well I must admit - I usually am right :) - but not on this occasion !! The DVDs do seem to be arriving today - even the chap I mentioned in my ealier post today, has received his DVDs today - better late than never !!

18. aspwatterson

aspwatterson The Unknown Soldier

Hurrah!

DVDs just arrived on my doormat plus one for Ian!

A

19. Roydan

I'm dreaming of a lovely little jiffy bag on the floor right this minute. Thanks for the good news :O)

20. SHAUN I

Still nothing today, hopefully it will arrive tomorrow.