1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Roy 1971

Discussion in 'General' started by HarperPR, Nov 12, 2007.

1. HarperPR

HarperPR My destiny offers me up like a lamb

Paul, wondered if you might be interested in a little promo booklet on Roy I came across in my files. Think from around 71 time and includes a piece by Roy on himself and a short biog/interview by Danae Brook. Latter interesting as he refers to what he'd still be doing at 60. Don't know how widely this booklet was distributed at the time. I was given it many years ago by Pete Jenner.

2. pd

pd Slightly Desperate Staff Member

I'd love to see it! If you are agreeable I could scan it in and put it into the Roy section of the library here. I don't think it's something I've seen.

3. HarperPR

Okay

We'll have to rendezvous and I will hand it over in a brown paper parcel!:biggrin:

4. pd

I should be at the Putney gig next Friday, hope to see you there...

5. pd

I read it last night before turning in - it's great! I'll get to scanning it in soon and will put it on the site. Many thanks for the loan, Linn, and I will make sure it keeps safe.

6. HarperPR

You're welcome, Paul. Thought it would interest you. Hopefully we may get a similar for Nick at some point.

7. pete c

pete c I've got a zappy little nappy

At your service ms PR :biggrin:

8. HarperPR

Ah, depends how much service! I would love to see a little something like the copy Paul has for The Dig It Tour '08. But you know the stumbling block, Pete, from our previous dialogue! Although this would be paper not gloss. If you have any ideas/want to discuss, give me a call or mail.

9. pete c

pete c I've got a zappy little nappy

Yeah, same old same old (rock...)
    I'd need to see the Roy one, hopefully Paul will have it scanned & uploaded soonish, then I'll have a think.

10. pd

Yeah, won't be long now, I have been busy with podcasts and work :)

11. Dr_Doom_The_Optimist

Dr_Doom_The_Optimist In a beautiful rambling mess

I look forward to seeing this. I stumbled upon this from the early '70s too, just in case some people haven't seen it:

[​IMG]

Best,
    +A

12. Dr_Doom_The_Optimist

Any chance of seeing this archive item Paul?

+A

13. HarperPR

Good question, Dr Doom! I hope he hasn't lost it, because not only will I be suing - and we have a witness to that remember, Paul - but he can also expect a visit from several of my vast army - haha!

14. pd

It's coming. I have an obscene amount of work to finish before the new year.

15. pd

Up on the front page now.

16. Dr_Doom_The_Optimist

Just downloaded! Not read it yet, but that looks phenomenal. Many thanks!

17. Marcie

Marcie I've got a zappy little nappy

Just breathtaking

What a wonderful read! Really gives you insight into the man.

Thanks to Linn and Paul for making this available to us!

Last edited: Dec 18, 2007