1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Roy at Cambridge Folk Festival - Sat 28 July 2012

Discussion in 'On Tour' started by scotpaulabear, Feb 29, 2012.

1. scotpaulabear

scotpaulabear Halfway up my own guitar, propping up another bar

2. Colin L

Colin L Computer stained fingers

yes very tempting. I wonder what other gigs will happen?

3. SteveT

SteveT Gracing the Bahamas in see through pyjamas

Roy is now doing a Q&A on the Mojo stage at Cambridge.

4. LAdrain

LAdrain I've got a zappy little nappy

5. scotpaulabear

Been watching 4 songs of his set on Sky Arts 1 - this is terrible that I can't remember them all :blushing: but they definitely showed I Hate the White Man and Commune :biggrin: And he did a brief interview with Mark Radcliffe, who was ridiculously excited to be interviewing and introducing him...

6. LAdrain

I now know that Zoe Ball's Mum is a big fan of Roy, thanks SKY.
    Should sack the sound mixer for that cock-up.

7. Wee Steve

Wee Steve Computer stained fingers

Imimpressed

Despite the initial sound cock-up, I was very impressed with how much airtime The Mastwr was given, and even more impressed (but not surprised) by how very good he sounded.
    Despite the Murdoch connection, I think Sky Arts have done far better than the Beeb ever did with the festival.

8. LAdrain

I see Sky have put up a photo of Roy from the show.

[​IMG]

9. Dr_Doom_The_Optimist

Dr_Doom_The_Optimist In a beautiful rambling mess

[youtube]SCgO0vhk-vc[/youtube]

10. Wee Steve

Wee Steve Computer stained fingers

11. aspwatterson

aspwatterson The Unknown Soldier

Any?

Any other personal reviews on this from people who attended? What form/ ambient mood is our steadfast one in?

Andi it's all surrounding

12. SteveT

Here's one from a blog:

8. Roy Harper obviously relishes his status as a legendary anti-establishment figure, although he now looks less like a rebel and more like Richard Harris’s Dumbledore. His solo set was defiantly uncommercial and peppered with slightly self-regarding anecdotes about his forward-looking unconventionality, but his voice and guitar playing are still powerful enough to redeem him. And some of his songs are just gorgeous: he played the achingly poignant Another Day and ended with the moving When An Old Cricketer Leaves The Crease, the song that John Peel used to joke he wanted played at his funeral*.

http://bengwy.wordpress.com/tag/roy-harper/

13. bigchris

bigchris Aye lad, I knew you had it in you

Why what happened ?

14. scotpaulabear

On the TV broadcast (at least on satellite - Radcliffe did say it was only some viewers who heard it), they started the video (with audio) and played audio to another song over it for about a minute - bloody annoying :angry:

15. bigchris

Roy on Radio 2 NOW !!

part of Mike Hardings show from Cambridge Folk Festival - currently in interview, I'm sure there will be a link on BBC iPlayer somewhere !?

16. bigchris

17. james_

james_ I've got a zappy little nappy

18. aspwatterson

aspwatterson The Unknown Soldier

Last edited: Dec 4, 2012
  19. bigchris

Crikes ... I thought I was lazy ... but the guy who filmed that (Ed) says he's been following Roy for 40 years ... but yet couldn't be arsed to stand up and watch/film him ?!?

Moseley was a bit like that, Paul & I got asked twice to move, because folk sitting down couldn't see !? Also as they had two stages, people expected to be able to sit down and see both stages ?!!?

20. SteveT

Limited mobility?