1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Roy at Clonakilty Guitar Festival Thurs 15 Sept 2011 :)

Discussion in 'On Tour' started by scotpaulabear, Jul 18, 2011.

1. scotpaulabear

scotpaulabear Halfway up my own guitar, propping up another bar

2. Shane

Shane Computer stained fingers

:hurray:

Ticket bought

3. bigchris

bigchris Aye lad, I knew you had it in you

Well I was going to be there anyway ... so this is obviously a big bonus !!

4. SteveT

SteveT Gracing the Bahamas in see through pyjamas

Will it be able to top last year's Lee Ranaldo show? :wink:

5. bigchris

I know Roy wasn't at that gig ... but he would surely have heard about it ... perhaps he'll start to adopt some of Lee's "skills" into his performance ?!? Can you imagine One Man Rock and Roll band, with Roy hitting his guitar with his iPod ?!?!?

6. NoCelebrity

NoCelebrity Aye lad, I knew you had it in you

I'm already filled with envy. I've watched the "Legends DVD" about 3-4 times (a few songs even more) so far.

7. aspwatterson

aspwatterson The Unknown Soldier

8. scotpaulabear

scotpaulabear Halfway up my own guitar, propping up another bar

Hi Andy, I merged this thread in here - seems like we should keep all the info together...

9. Shane

10. SteveT

It looks like there won't be a great queue for the bar with only 5 people having confirmed attendance. :wink:

11. Shane

I still plan to get there early. Nothing worse than having to listen from behind those pillars in DeBarras.

12. Sandie

Sandie Computer stained fingers

I'm going to be there EARLY 'cos I'm vertically challenged - not sure if I want to be up front, but want to be there to choose where to sit. Looking forward tohangign out with some of you again!!! I'm flying into Cork on Wednesday night, so will be by the sea in Clon nice and early on Thursday morning - what time are people meeting up?

13. bigchris

Well I don't think for us, it's a matter of what time we will be meeting up ... it's DeBarras after all ... so we will probably just be there !!

14. Sandie

All well and good, but I'm totally thick when it comes to meeting up at drinking places, Chris, 'cos I'm the boring one who drives and so drinks diet coke ...... or just for excitement, pineapple and soda!!! I'm guessing if I get there after breakfast, I'll be sitting there on my Jack Jones, and that people will be there some time after lunch, but I'm completely clueless about these things - if it was Bon Jovi, I'd know to expect a crowd by midnight before the concert, but this is Roy Harper, and the only time I've done the "meet up before the gig" was for the TV concert earlier this year, so .......... please, pretty please .......... give me a clue, Chris!!!! LOL!!!!

15. SteveT

We'll just be in the pub in plenty of time! :biggrin: I'll PM a mobile number if you want to be sure.

16. bigchris

ditto ( just in case ) ... well I should imagine I'll be in the pub at 11:00am ish for my usual soup and a toasted sarnie ... but I hope I don't (?) stay there all day ... otherwise, it'll be another Jazz Cafe gig i.e. I throughly enjoy it, but can't remember a damn thing about it !! I obviously have been to 100's of Roy gigs like this ... but that was in the days when Roy gigs were ten to a penny ... not now when they are pretty rare ... have to "think about" making the most of 'em !

17. Sandie

Thanks Steve - I'll be fine - am making a holiday out of it so am staying at the Spa down the road on the coast, so must remember NOT to book too many treatments until AFTER the concert (am flying home Saturday evening). See you there Thursday!!!

18. Sandie

11 a.m. is a bit early for me, Chris, 'cos I'll have had breakfast, but I might drop by to have a cuppa with you!!! I'm hiring a car, so won't feel like a prisoner in Clon this time around, LOL!!! If you fancy a drive around the glorious countryside, you're more than welcome to be a passenger!!! See you soon!! :m21: (I do like this smiley)

19. bigchris

Yeah a car is usually good for Clon ... but not during the guitar festival, as there is so much going on ( see http://www.clonguitarfest.com/cgif2011-programme.pdf ) that it's hard to find time to drive anywhere ... though of course that might be easier for you if you don't drink !

One place that's worth a trip to ( though you probably won't see it in any guide books etc ) is Sheep's Cove ( near Ring, on the other side of the estuary to where you are staying ). Paul S. & I "discovered" Sheep's Cove a couple of years back ... there's not much there ( but that's the main point ); just a little beach that is great to chill out on !!

20. Sandie

I looked at the programme - since you'v'e been before, Chris - do I need to bring a guitar for events. I'm not sure I'll be doing too much in the music festival - Sheep's Cove sounds a real treat - except that showers are predicted for every day - I've never been to Clon when there's god weather!!! I adore anywhere uncommercial by the sea, so will be making the most of using my car when I'm not at the Spa or in Clon!!! Am getting quite excited!!! Look forward to seeing you Thursday!!