1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Roy Documentary

Discussion in 'General' started by SteveT, May 9, 2013.

1. SteveT

SteveT Gracing the Bahamas in see through pyjamas

2. SHAUN I

SHAUN I It's so clear on the wings of the dawn

News to me, I hadn't heard anything about this either, dated May 3rd, now that will be worth a watch, nicely spotted Steve!

Last edited by a moderator: May 9, 2013
  3. scotpaulabear

scotpaulabear Halfway up my own guitar, propping up another bar

Very interesting! As is the list of interviewees :D

4. JonnieB

JonnieB Computer stained fingers

Hi folks - Jonathan Wilson tweeted about this in November, there's also a picture of him being interviewed. Glad to hear it's now nearing completion.

"Jonathan Wilson ‏@songsofjw
    there's a documentary coming about my friend the great Roy Harper .... this is me blabbering on"

Picture here - http://instagram.com/p/SEORd-MEjg/

5. bigchris

bigchris Aye lad, I knew you had it in you

Great another thing being released that I'll probably never see - haven't seen the Cambridge Folk festival footage that Sky did last year, cos I refuse to give them any of my money !!

6. Kenny_Wisdom

Kenny_Wisdom Computer stained fingers

"at 72 and recording a new album, Harper is veering close to becoming a beloved British institution."

Operation Yewtree will be closing in as we speak.:angry:

7. SteveT

Yes, I remember the tweet now but , like Chris, I have avoided Murdoch for more years than I care to remember.

8. Gordie T Geordie

Gordie T Geordie Computer stained fingers

You can give some to that nice Mr Branson instead as Virgnmedia also broadcast Sky Arts.

9. bigchris

bigchris Aye lad, I knew you had it in you

Well I could, if he could be bothered to come down our street with his cables !!

10. Fuller

Fuller I've got a zappy little nappy

Anyone know when this is going to be transmitted ?

11. Fuller

Fuller I've got a zappy little nappy

Well thanks for the heads up - it was on last night !

12. Gordie T Geordie

Fuller, have you heard about these internets things?

13. Gordie T Geordie

PS It's on again Saturday teatime.

14. Gordie T Geordie

Or, if you can't wait until then, it's here (as Ian predicted): Man and Myth

15. JonnieB

JonnieB Computer stained fingers

16. Shane

Shane Computer stained fingers

Well, that was very enjoyable. It's a little frustrating that the years 1977 to 2013 are pretty much completely ignored though.

Does anyone know if that live 1973 footage is circulating? With little lady, another day, feeling all the saturdays.

The Dream Society was the first album of new material that came out during my years as a fan - am I right in thinking that it was considered something of a "come back" album at the time or was it just a case of a longer gap between albums than usual?

Last edited: Sep 28, 2013
  17. SteveT

Well, thanks to a bit of technical advice from CM I've now seen it and thoroughly enjoyed it. Yes, there's a big chunk missing but I expect they're editing that for part two as I type :wink:

18. JonDoe

JonDoe I've got a zappy little nappy

Just finished watching and must say i really enjoyed that, probably the best thing ive seen on TV this year, just a pity it wasnt longer.

Roy really looks in good form, dare we believe there may be more to come in the future.

Whatever the future holds thanks Roy for being you and good health my friend.

19. Sordel

Sordel I've got a zappy little nappy

I think that they wanted to tell a story in which Roy's career was blighted by the absence of advertising budget for Stormcock and then the fact that he stuck to a cover for HQ that was unacceptable in the US. It was a rather bowdlerised version and the later period of Roy's career doesn't sit too well with it.

I was surprised at how little the documentary had about the recording of the new album ... I think they indicated in the Electronic Programme Guide that we'd see a bit more of that, but it was a pretty good documentary nonetheless.

20. NoCelebrity

NoCelebrity Aye lad, I knew you had it in you

Now how do we get it on PBS or other Networks here in the USA?