1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Roy harper - 70th celebration!!

Discussion in 'On Tour' started by tharper, May 11, 2011.

1. tharper

tharper She's The One

November 5th, 2011 - Royal Festival Hall - London
    Special guests including David Bedford and the Bedford Strings

Tickets on sale to members on Friday 20th May and to the general public on Monday 23rd May.

Will post tickets links as soon as they're up.

t x

2. SHAUN I

SHAUN I It's so clear on the wings of the dawn

Really looking forward to it Tracy.

3. aspwatterson

aspwatterson The Unknown Soldier

After show party?

Under the Palace of Westminster! Bring your own fireworks!

Andi:sifone::party::54:

4. pete c

pete c I've got a zappy little nappy

very, VERY interesting.

5. SHAUN I

SHAUN I It's so clear on the wings of the dawn

The event seems to have been cancelled on Facebook, I'm hoping it's just a FB glitch..

6. aspwatterson

aspwatterson The Unknown Soldier

Just..

Just Roy had it in past events and had to cancel, restart in current events I think

Andi

7. bigchris

bigchris Aye lad, I knew you had it in you

Well I haven't received an email yet from the southbank, which is strange as they have put up details on their website ... though nothing that we didn't know already ... well except that the box office doesn't open until 10:00am on Friday ... which is a bit naff ... especially as I've told my boss that I won't start work till 10:00 - as I'll be on the phone from 9:00 ?!?

Roy Harper plus Special Guests

Saturday 05 November

Royal Festival Hall

To celebrate his 70th birthday, Roy Harper performs a one-off concert with very special guests. Part of the wave of troubadours who came of age in the folk clubs of London in the mid-1960s, Roy Harper is regarded as one of the icons of his generation. Albums such as Stormcock are praised as masterpieces and throughout his career he has been hailed by musicians and critics alike, with Led Zeppelin naming 'Hats off to Roy Harper' for him and Pink Floyd inviting him to perform lead vocals on 'Have a Cigar'. His fans read like a who's who of popular music from the last 40 years and include Kate Bush and Pete Townshend, as well as a new generation of musicians ranging from Joanna Newsom to Fleet Foxes and Jim O'Rourke.

Tickets on sale to Southbank Centre Members 10am Friday 20th May
    Tickets on general sale Monday 23rd, May

8. Johnbarkeriom

Johnbarkeriom Computer stained fingers

Sorry if I am asking a daft question here but when it says tickets for members in sale on 20th..... members of what and how do I become one?!

9. bigchris

Members of the Southbank .... and you become one, by buying your way in - http://ticketing.southbankcentre.co.uk/membership

10. Johnbarkeriom

Johnbarkeriom Computer stained fingers

Thanks for that - not worth it for me paying an extra £45 for a membership I will never use again! I will just have to hope there are tickets left on the 23rd

11. bigchris

There is a cheaper option ( that I opted for ) at £27.50 !

12. SteveT

SteveT Gracing the Bahamas in see through pyjamas

If that woman in the mink coat that Roy talked about at the 60th birthday gig is still a member, I imagine her ticket will be up for grabs. :biggrin:

13. bigchris

bit more info ... there are three bands of ticket prices - £20, £25 & £30 - plus I assume some sort of fees on top of that.

14. dave w

dave w Computer stained fingers

Bookem' Danno

Row B, #20 - the mosh pit :thumbup:

15. Watford Pete

Watford Pete I've got a zappy little nappy

Tickets

Has anyone got hold of tickets this morning?

16. dave w

dave w Computer stained fingers

Oh yes.....

Got mine at 9:55 this morning.

17. bigchris

Yeah that really taskes the piss - I spent an extra £27.50 ( I know Dave you are a permanent member ) and was primed to get online at 10:00 - I thought I'd be a bit cheeky and see if I too could get online at about 9:55 ... and they'd already sold about 40 tickets by then !!

But saying that I got the exact tickets I wanted - Front Row Left angled bit - 10 years ago I was well cramped at Roys gig - kinda made it less enjoyable - this time I will be able to stick my long legs out and should feel much happier - though of course have a stiff neck at the end of the night !! But no pain no gain eh ?

18. SteveT

SteveT Gracing the Bahamas in see through pyjamas

I'm on the other side of row A. I'll wave.

19. Barry

Barry Computer stained fingers

Can you join online and use membership straight away or do you have to wait until they post it to you?

20. bigchris

not sure about doing it online - but you don't have to wait if you do by phone - they give you your membership number there and then and then later you get a plastic card in the post.

But to be honest now, if I were in your shoes - I'd wait till monday; unless you are desperate to get in the front stalls - as most of those seats have now gone ( apart from the corners at the back ) - there are loads of seats left in the rear stalls, balcony and boxes !