1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Roy harper - 70th celebration!!

Discussion in 'On Tour' started by tharper, May 11, 2011.

1. Barry

Barry Computer stained fingers

I just registered for email notifications, didn't have to pay and booked 2 tickets!
    J5 & J6
    £30 each

2. Kenny_Wisdom

Kenny_Wisdom Computer stained fingers

If this sells out before Monday I will stand in Grosvenor Square, naked, smashing Roy Harper vinyls over my head, whilst stood in a bucket of beans and coke.

Alternatively, if someone wants to reserve me two tickets.....

3. Kenny_Wisdom

Well, try as I might I can't seem to book online just based on email registration.

Me and Mr San Miguel seem to have cocked up somewhere!!

4. Kenny_Wisdom

Bu$$er me, RFH site!! You DO NOT want to see me naked...

Okay - all is good with the world again. Britain, breathe easy. I have tickets...

Last edited: May 21, 2011
  5. Kenny_Wisdom

Hmmm...not sure entierly if I have booked succesfuuly or not. Followed Barry's tip, which didn't work for me, then booked on the Southbank site by putting the "membership" into my basket, then back to buy the tickets, then to the checkout again.

Then, before buying, I cancelled the "membership", and proceeded to buy the tickets. It seems to have all worked, but I haven't had an email notification yet. Do you think that's becasue it is the weekend and they don't use an automated reply system? Nothing has shown up in my bank account yet either, but that doesn't surprise me. I can't really tell from looking at the seating plan whether my seats are booked or not - I only have a vague idea of roughly where they are - I didn't write the exact number down.

Monday, what to do?

6. Barry

Barry Computer stained fingers

I got an email confirming ticket numbers etc. box office is open today so I guess you could phone them and check.

7. bigchris

bigchris Aye lad, I knew you had it in you

I was a little concerned yesterday that I hadn't received a confirmation email after about 5 hours ... so i phoned them up and they sent me "another" (?) one, which I got straight away

8. Kenny_Wisdom

You are a member, though? When you phoned did they ask for membership information? I think I've fudged a booking (without membership), but don't want to let "them" know...yet....

9. just jane

just jane Computer stained fingers

well Ive got tickets :biggrin:

10. Johnbarkeriom

Johnbarkeriom Computer stained fingers

Got a ticket on line at 9.55. Just one left near the front of the stall, in the bag:biggrin: Plenty more left further back

11. Kenny_Wisdom

There isn't - this is a nightmare. Every time I click on "green" seats it comes back saying already booked....

...oh. okay...logged out the site then went back in and seemed to be behaving this time. Must be a cookies issue or something. Complete nightmare though, the RFH booking system. I've either got no tickets, four tickets ot just two. Honestly, I actually consider myself to be intelligent, but I've never had such an ordeal booking online before. I must be doing something wrong, but at least I have got something.

Last edited: May 23, 2011
  12. pete c

pete c I've got a zappy little nappy

Got decent tickets near the front (of the rear stalls).. :)
    Now I just have to persuade the missus to come with me. Shouldn't be too difficult.

13. SteveT

SteveT Gracing the Bahamas in see through pyjamas

I remember some people finding the online booking a bit tricky for the Joanna gigs, whereas I got straight through on the phone at 10.00. Same on Friday too. I don't know how many people are answering the phones on these occasions but it would appear to be the better option.

14. arthurprecarious

arthurprecarious I've got a zappy little nappy

Got mine! Delighted. All the best seats nearly all gone though! Hurry up!

15. aspwatterson

aspwatterson The Unknown Soldier

Haven't..

Haven't received the luxury of any comforting confirmation email yet, but the money's definitively gone out of my account....

Hang on a minute Obama breaking wind news! If you farted in front of her Majesty would she pretend to ignore it with royal protocol? She's a pretty nice girl, but doesn't have much to say. Thank you Paul [the other one].

A

16. Alan Cynic

Alan Cynic Computer stained fingers

My girlfriend tried doing the online thing for me yesterday, but we kept coming unstuck when she reached the credit card details bit. Eventually we phoned up, and got seats in a box...so, as long as we don't get nailed down we should enjoy the night!

Any rumours yet about special guests?

17. harperhead

harperhead I've got a zappy little nappy

special guests??

I recall Mr. page owes us an appearance after the last time ... and Planty??

Fire up the rumour mill ...

18. Zoidiac

Zoidiac Guest

Yes!

Got my tickets today. Me and a friend are flying over from Sweden.
    It would be nice to meet up with some people from the forum a couple of hours before the concert.
    Is there any nice bars or pubs nearby that anyone can recommend?
    I never thought that I would ever yearn for the winter in May...

19. Kid_Committed

Kid_Committed I've got a zappy little nappy

Got my ticket yesterday morning (after a bit of an online hassle) and now just finished booking a hostel + flights from Finland.
    My seat is on the side stalls (W35).

Are there any plans for a forum/fan meet up before or after the show?

20. Zoidiac

Zoidiac Guest

That would be great!
    I'm in.