1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Roy harper - 70th celebration!!

Discussion in 'On Tour' started by tharper, May 11, 2011.

1. dave owen

dave owen I've got a zappy little nappy

I've ordered tickets for Nicola and myself, they seem to be selling very quickly.

2. pd

pd Slightly Desperate Staff Member

It'd be good to do something, for sure, but I don't know what yet. For the 60th we did a whole thing the day before the concert but I think this time around we may simply be best off finding somewhere near the RFH to congregate late afternoon to chat etc.

Does anyone have any bright ideas? Should we just meet at the South Bank centre somewhere? There are a bunch of different restaurants/cafes. I am guessing that the outside terrace area might be a no-go in November :)

3. bigchris

bigchris Aye lad, I knew you had it in you

Surely Dave W. should be consulted on this - he's knows that area well ?!

4. Johnbarkeriom

Johnbarkeriom Computer stained fingers

That sounds great. As a newbie to the forum it would be good to meet a few of you. I am coming to the gig on my own, flying in from IOM on the Saturday morning. Any suggestions for decent, cheapish places to stay also welcomed!
    John

5. Kenny_Wisdom

Kenny_Wisdom Computer stained fingers

Barry suggested first and I followed suit - Travelodge Southwark is close by, and reasonably priced (for London) - last time we stayed in the Strand Hotel but Tracey had negotiatied group rates for that. Buffet breakfast was basically burnt to a crisp though! Ordinary non-negotiated rates are quite high so try budget hotels first.

Also, for a budget hotel, I have stayed at the "Seven Dials Hotel" before - again, near Covent Garden, which is only then a short walk across the river to Festival Hall. Cheap, but not fancy by any stretch. Mixed reviews online, but when I stayed it ticked the right boxes for a budget stay in central London.

Last edited: May 25, 2011
  6. Barry

Barry Computer stained fingers

Actually I can't take credit for that as Colin Lane suggested it to me first!:wink:

7. Johnbarkeriom

Johnbarkeriom Computer stained fingers

Travelodge sounds like a safe option, thanks.

8. bigchris

Yippee .... tickets arrived today ...

can breath easy now !!

9. Wee Steve

Wee Steve Computer stained fingers

Should I be worried?

I managed to book by the "recommended" diversionary route around the "Member" issue on Sunday, received confirming email and so on, but haven't yet received the magic pieces of cardboard, it being Friday.

Should I succumb to standard levels of paranoia, or what?

Reassurance needed, please.:36:

10. The Monster

The Monster I've got a zappy little nappy

My confirmation stated 'collect at door', no facility for sending by post

11. SteveT

SteveT Gracing the Bahamas in see through pyjamas

I booked mine last Friday and they arrived yesterday. I was warned that it would take a few days because no special potal services are used.

12. Wee Steve

Wee Steve Computer stained fingers

Paranoia Blues

... no more.
    Postie has just done his usual sprint (through wind and rain) to deliver precious items to our modest letter box.

All better now. Just got to get to London now: may leave at the weekend.:hurray:

13. aspwatterson

aspwatterson The Unknown Soldier

Tickets received!

Tickets received! And ordered for Nick the night before. What a surpriseful treat to look forward to!

Andi

14. Alan Cynic

Alan Cynic Computer stained fingers

I'd like to see Nick on the 4th too...but I suspect we'll be on a sleeper from Aberdeen then! Might try and see another gig or 2 on the Sunday or Monday evenings (or play one myself, if my luck is in).

15. bigchris

SOLD OUT ( unless you are in a wheelchair ! )

I was just interested to see how the tickets were selling for the big show - and they have all been sold ... except the ones for wheelchair users !!

WELL DONE ROY !!!!

16. SteveT

SteveT Gracing the Bahamas in see through pyjamas

That's good news. Last night I booked into the travelodge for Friday night. Today I learn they are just about to have a sale with rooms at ten quid!

17. SimonF

SimonF I've got a zappy little nappy

Ah, but, that only works up to the end of September, so you haven't lost out.

18. SHAUN I

SHAUN I It's so clear on the wings of the dawn

Excellent news, to sell out at the RFH five months before the gig, can't be bad! Roll on Bonfire Night!

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 8, 2011
  19. aspwatterson

aspwatterson The Unknown Soldier

I.....

I must say goodbye to the wheel chair and pursue the idea..

A

20. Travellerman

Travellerman Aye lad, I knew you had it in you

If I had a wheelchair I might get a seat, as they seem to be the only spaces left. Have all the seats sold out already? - That'll teach me for procrastinating :blushing: