1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Roy harper - 70th celebration!!

Discussion in 'On Tour' started by tharper, May 11, 2011.

1. Kenny_Wisdom

Kenny_Wisdom Computer stained fingers

Yes, tickets sold fast. You have more chance of getting tickets for the Olympics than a Roy Harper gig!

2. Sandie

Sandie Computer stained fingers

Usually there's tickets available on the night - or a few days before.

3. Travellerman

Travellerman Aye lad, I knew you had it in you

I had to delay on this one as wasn't sure I'd be in the country... but they really did go quickly! :D

4. Sandie

Sandie Computer stained fingers

I know - many sold in the RFH presale. Usually some are held back, or there's more left for the production team, and sometimes people find their circumstances have changed and a ticket becomes available. I'm sure something will sort itself out!!!

5. aspwatterson

aspwatterson The Unknown Soldier

Well..

Well my ticks did not arrive even though Southbank said they had been posted on 28th June. <This did not surprise as I lost a lot of stuff in the post last month applying for a Tescos credit card.> They have now assured with me with my booking ref no that they can print ticks at the door on arrival. The paranoia still remains though. My boss still hasn't gotten over paying for Madness ticks on a dodgy website at Xmas.

Andi

Last edited: Jul 15, 2011
  6. tharper

tharper She's The One

choir seats on sale...

hi there. i wasn't sure the best place to post this so, paul, please feel free to rearrange if you think it should be more visible.

t

"Due to public demand, choir seats have been made available and can be purchase by phoning 0844 847 9910 (£2.75 transaction fee) or by visiting one of our Southbank Centre Ticket offices in person. Please note these seats are behind the main speakers so the sound may be slightly affected and the view restricted"

7. pd

pd Slightly Desperate Staff Member

I've put a notice thingy at the top of the forums. I'll drop the luddites mailing list a note in a sec too :)

8. tharper

tharper She's The One

9. Cheshirelad

Cheshirelad I've got a zappy little nappy

Choir Seats available if you ring Southbank

Last week I rang the Southbank and bought a £20 choir seat over the phone even though the website said "sold out". Worth a try.

"Due to public demand, choir seats have been made available and can be purchase by phoning 0844 847 9910 (£2.75 transaction fee) or by visiting one of our Southbank Centre Ticket offices in person. Please note these seats are behind the main speakers so the sound may be slightly affected and the view restricted"[/QUOTE]

10. Dr_Doom_The_Optimist

Dr_Doom_The_Optimist In a beautiful rambling mess

Special guests

Is there any word on the special guests?

I mean, who are the likely candidates? I. Anderson, J. Page, D. Gilmour? Dare I say ... K. Bush.. ? Has anyone checked to see if any of these people are in the UK on the date?

Any other suggestions / possibles?

+A

11. Barry

Barry Computer stained fingers

Cat Stevens? :wink:

12. The Monster

The Monster I've got a zappy little nappy

They could do a duet - The Black Cloud of Yousuf Islam

13. NoCelebrity

NoCelebrity Aye lad, I knew you had it in you

Imagining the Impossible!

Whether Roy plays entirely alone or with every imagined "possible" I will be extremely envious! Hope you all give great accounts of this years' top EVENT and I don't have to wait too long for the DVD!

If "Barry" can suggest Cat Stevens, then why not fellow 70th B-day boy Bob D? (OK, so the harmonies would probably be painful, but imagine the headlines!:D)

14. bigchris

bigchris Aye lad, I knew you had it in you

and Bob might learn something from Roy about appreciating the audience and actually talking to them ... and not sticking to a script !!

15. NoCelebrity

NoCelebrity Aye lad, I knew you had it in you

Whatever the Song?

Most Musicians are like that over here, sadly. Most admit they're not good at Public Speaking, which has always seemed ironic to me!

16. Travellerman

Travellerman Aye lad, I knew you had it in you

I agree, going to a gig in the US was a little like putting a CD on (nothing in between the songs), it took a while to get used to it... but then I'm used to 'Harper banter' and the to and fro... everyone now seems quiet in comparison! :wink:

17. Colin L

Colin L Computer stained fingers

Saw Bob Dylan last night at the MEN arena. That was my first and last time I will see him - not impressed!

18. grahamsgut

grahamsgut I've got a zappy little nappy

Yeah I saw him about 20 years ago and he was awful. Just came on, did his set and walked off. Didn't even say hello. No encore, nothing. Might as well have put a record on. I felt it was really arrogant.

So what's the plan for November 5th?

Wouldn't mind meeting up with you guys.

19. Dr_Doom_The_Optimist

Dr_Doom_The_Optimist In a beautiful rambling mess

Stop this senseless Dylan bashing. You're all wrong! At least he's never literally pissed on his audience! :wink:

20. Watford Pete

Watford Pete I've got a zappy little nappy

I will be at the Hole in the Wall by Waterloo Station from 4ish to get my seat for the Middlesbrough v Watford (You Orns) match prior to going to the RFH.

There are 2 bars in there and excellent beer (Doom Bar, Tea among the choices). It does fairly standard simple pub grub and at the time of day we are talking, it's an easy venue in terms of location (2 minutes from RFH), price (not Southbank prices) and for me the opportunity to watch Watford lose is too much to ignore.