1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Roy harper - 70th celebration!!

Discussion in 'On Tour' started by tharper, May 11, 2011.

1. pd

pd Slightly Desperate Staff Member

The Hole In The Wall is the chosen "meet" venue prior to the gig, I should have posted something about this ages ago :) Starting a new thread in a sec about that.

2. SteveT

SteveT Gracing the Bahamas in see through pyjamas

Excellent. We all get to watch Watford lose on the telly :wink:

3. Wee Steve

Wee Steve Computer stained fingers

When and Where?

What sort of time will people be assembling at this Hole in the Wall place? - and can someone point this Country Member a little more accurately at it, please? - only I don't like Big Cities and get lost quite easily.

Ta ever so.

4. Wee Steve

Wee Steve Computer stained fingers

Aha!

I see I have been pre-empted in a separate thread.
    It will depend how intrepid we feel ... and how good squeezyJet's punctuality is - but we'll try.

5. SHAUN I

SHAUN I It's so clear on the wings of the dawn

Couldn't resist! :biggrin:

[​IMG]

6. The Monster

The Monster I've got a zappy little nappy

Careful Steve, there'll be 3 of us there, suffering stoically.

Silent Portsmouth fans welcome...

Having said which, I'm not sure I want to ruin a special day watching the inverted pyramid of piffle currently appearing in yellow shirts!

7. SteveT

I'll be missing watching my lot against our dear, recently departed manager - but not much. See you there.

8. SteveT

9. bigchris

bigchris Aye lad, I knew you had it in you

Well I must admit I have never heard of him !! But saying that, I've just discovered that I will have seen him live BEFORE Roy's gig, because he is supporting Wilco at their Roundhouse gigs, the week before ... small chuffing world !!

10. SteveT

Tickets

Is there anyone out there in Stormcockland still after a ticket? P.M me if you are.

Edit: Sorry - my spare is now taken.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2011
  11. HarperPR

HarperPR My destiny offers me up like a lamb

I do/did (been a bit busy, kind of lost track these past weeks!). Two actually, though they may be sorted now. What's the spec?

12. scotpaulabear

scotpaulabear Halfway up my own guitar, propping up another bar

Are all of you coming along to Nick's gig as well? 2 for the price of... well, not too much more than Roy on his own :D Especially those of you who've traveled - it would be great to see you there Friday night as well! Details on the gig are at the Underbelly link below (but don't use their SeeTickets link to buy tickets, WeGotTickets are way less fascist IMHO!) so please spread the word...

http://www.underbellyhoxton.com/ind...1&day=04&uid=0e16972d2ef81ad2c99c531d2b99b538

http://www.wegottickets.com/event/120822

13. harperhead

harperhead I've got a zappy little nappy

special guests

I'd presumed Jonathan Wilson would make an appearance.

Anyone checked Ms Newsom's website ??

.... or Mr Page's ???

It's getting close now :)

14. aspwatterson

aspwatterson The Unknown Soldier

15. harperhead

harperhead I've got a zappy little nappy

Jonathan Wilson

Good news - I do like the Gentle Spirit album - perhaps a bit too long at that ultra laid back tempo - but a short opening set will be great.

16. bigchris

Why do people get confused about the RAH and RFH - they are IMHO very different !?!?

Been listening to JW's Cd this morning - it's not grabbed me yet, perhaps driving to work and listening it in the car, isn't the right sort of non-chilled out environment. But I'll be seeing him on Saturday, as he's supporting Wilco at the Roundhouse !

17. bigchris

Saturday's gig schedule

just got this info from the RFH and thought I'd post here in case its of use to anyone - according to the box office ( though they did say it could change ) :

Doors : 7:00pm
    Support : 7:30pm - 8:10pm
    Interval @ 8:10pm and it's due to be all over (?) by 10:15pm

18. Sandie

Sandie Computer stained fingers

Maybe 'cos they're both "Royal" and they're both "Halls" LOL!!! Only 80 years between their openings!!!! LOL!!!!

I'm embarrassed to say that I'm going to the Roundhouse Monday to see Noel Gallagher!!! Have a great time tonight, Chris!!!

19. firehorse

firehorse I've got a zappy little nappy

Had to go down a route I'm not keen on and pay over the odds on ebay for a ticket...just couldn't bear to miss this gig however.

Seat is in the middle of front stalls though so am made up with that, wahey!

Now to find somewhere to stay for the Friday and Saturday nights...

20. SteveT

J.W.

... and he is warming up for that by performing on Radios 4's Loose Ends, which is on now.