1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Roy harper - 70th celebration!!

Discussion in 'On Tour' started by tharper, May 11, 2011.

1. JonnieB

JonnieB Computer stained fingers

Poster

Speaking of the poster, does anyone know if there are any still available? I had a choice between buying the poster and rather expensive interval Jack Daniels on Saturday, the JD won out but I'm beginning to regret the decision!

2. SHAUN I

SHAUN I It's so clear on the wings of the dawn

The posters were advertised as limited editions, maybe some will pop up on ebay?

3. JonnieB

JonnieB Computer stained fingers

I didn't notice that at the time but I guessed that'd be the case - I'm hoping maybe didn't sell out on the night and they'll turn up on the website or something. I'll keep an eye on Ebay though. Cheers.

4. grahamsgut

grahamsgut I've got a zappy little nappy

I didn't even notice any posters for sale! I went straight to the bar and then straight to my seat. How unobservant is that?

I'd like one too so let me know if you spot any anywhere.

5. Steve Bayley

Steve Bayley I've got a zappy little nappy

I suppose the gig was recorded for an official release? I assume this was the reason for the re-take of Commune. Paul; I assume you met with Our Hero at the RFH, did you pick up anything on this front?

6. SHAUN I

SHAUN I It's so clear on the wings of the dawn

Jonathan Wilson - When An Old Cricketer Leaves The Crease

Jonathan Wilson's Roy Harper tribute. Not bad! (click the album play link)

7. pd

pd Slightly Desperate Staff Member

The gig was definitely recorded, and videoed as well by three cameras though I overheard the guy involved saying that his camera had got in the way of someone and it might have been moved at some point. Sounds rather similar to the whole story about the Albert Hall footage and the sideways camera after it toppled over!

I don't know what plans there are for an official release though. I guess we'll find out in due course once the dust settles and people can assess what they've got.

8. Bondinski

Bondinski I've got a zappy little nappy

9. Barry

Barry Computer stained fingers

Just back from the picture framing shop, it's going to be done for 72 quid, the bloke looked at the poster then started talking about seeing Roy at Hyde park in the late 60's, so we got talking about all things Harper and music in general.
    Can't wait for any dvd/cd release, asking a bit much for a pre xmas release i suppose!

10. Dr_Doom_The_Optimist

Dr_Doom_The_Optimist In a beautiful rambling mess

Can the poster be seen anywhere online?

+A

11. bigchris

bigchris Aye lad, I knew you had it in you

The only picture I've seen of the poster is on JW's facebook wall - although I've not actually seen my poster yet, I do sort of remember that it's got a blue tinge to it ... so this photo must have been taken with a black & white "film" - http://www.facebook.com/songsofjw#!...30550969.54494.151140101614676&type=1&theater and obviously ours doesn't have JW's signature on it !!

12. Dr_Doom_The_Optimist

Dr_Doom_The_Optimist In a beautiful rambling mess

Yes, I can see it. Thanks Chris.

+A