1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Roy Harper Autograph

Discussion in 'General' started by Jugular, Sep 7, 2008.

1. Jugular

Jugular I've got a zappy little nappy

Hi

I was hoping somebody might help me find a jpeg (or similar) of Roy's autograph.

Reason being I have come across a copy of Stormcock with what appears to be his autograph on the front (see attached). I'm not looking to sell it. If the autograph is genuine it will have more sentimental value than dollars could buy.

Thankyou!

Attached Files:

2. SteveT

SteveT Gracing the Bahamas in see through pyjamas

It looks pretty much like Roy's autograph to me. I've always been of the opinion that if someone were into the idea of faking autographs to increase the value of an item, they would pick somebody with a wider audience than Roy.

3. pd

pd Slightly Desperate Staff Member

Looks OK to me. There is of course Roy's signature on Stormcock anyway as part of the artwork, at the top of the picture.. so it should be pretty easy to verify.

4. HarperPR

HarperPR My destiny offers me up like a lamb

But...don't forget, pretty easy too for a good forger to reproduce! Could we get the two examples up here together so we can all check 'em?

5. SHAUN I

SHAUN I It's so clear on the wings of the dawn

This is my CD copy of Lifemask, which was signed this year, the 'R' is pretty distinctive and is virtually the same as nearly 40 years ago, hope it helps.

Regards Shaun

Attached Files:

• 363.jpg
      363.jpg
      File size:
      85.7 KB
      Views:
  6. Jugular

Jugular I've got a zappy little nappy

A big thankyou to all who have responded and provided advice. :hurray:

As the previous owner didnt try to extract much money out of me for it, I suspect that it is genuine. And as SteveT says, if you wanted to make money out of forgeries, you wouldn't necessarily start with Roy.

I've also read up on Certificates of Authenticity. It appears to me that these arent worth the paper they are written on. The only real proof you can get is to physically sight the person signing; eg. only trust those you get yourself.

I must say that I'm looking forward to framing this one; I have a special connection with Roy via my father who introduced me to him. Not to mention it's the best bit of acoustic ever recorded; The Same Old Rock: Wow!

Cheers J

7. Shane

Shane Computer stained fingers

i have a signed copy of stormcock too, signed before my very eyes. its in a box about 12,000kms away though. it was hard to find a good spot to sing it in black pen, think he might have got it on the forhead