1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Roy Harper - BBC Radio 2 Folk Awards 2013

Discussion in 'On Tour' started by tharper, Jan 24, 2013.

1. tharper

tharper She's The One

"BBC Radio 2 has today announced the Lifetime Achievement Award recipients in this year’s BBC Radio 2 Folk Awards - the annual awards that celebrate and reward the best in folk music from the previous 12 months.

Musician Billy Bragg will be awarded the Roots Award - awarded in recognition of an outstanding contribution to folk music from a grass roots level upwards; Shetland fiddler Aly Bain and English folk/rock singer-songwriter and guitarist Roy Harper will be given Lifetime Achievement Awards; and the author of one of Scotland’s most-loved songs Caledonia, Dougie MacLean, will receive the Lifetime Achievement Award for Contribution to Songwriting."

"The BBC Radio 2 Folk Awards will be broadcast live on Radio 2 from 7.30pm, via the Red Button and online at bbc.co.uk/radio2, with video highlights to follow the next day. The audience can also follow the event and get involved through a live blog on the Radio 2 website."

Twitter #r2folkawards

More info. in the press release and on BBC website...

2. DJ Burnham

DJ Burnham I've got a zappy little nappy

Fabulous

Heard this afternoon on the Steve Wright show, fabulous news and hugely chuffed on Roy's behalf.
    D

3. bigchris

bigchris Aye lad, I knew you had it in you

Spooky - both mine & my parents favourite musicians ( obviously Roy & Aly respectively ! ) are getting the same award on the same night !!

4. bigchris

bigchris Aye lad, I knew you had it in you

Just a reminder that this can be recorded/watched on the red button ( on my freeview, that's channel 301 ) from 7:30pm to 10:10pm tonight !!

5. SteveT

SteveT Gracing the Bahamas in see through pyjamas

Did I spot Roy slipping in late while The Gruffalo woman was being introduced?

6. Johnbarkeriom

Johnbarkeriom Computer stained fingers

Yes, i spotted him too

7. HarperPR

HarperPR My destiny offers me up like a lamb

8. aspwatterson

aspwatterson The Unknown Soldier

9. SHAUN I

SHAUN I It's so clear on the wings of the dawn

BBC Radio 2 Folk Awards, Glasgow 30th Jan 2013.

[youtube]tZbifjRPv6Q[/youtube]