1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Roy Harper - Fans of a musical poet.

Discussion in 'General' started by SHAUN I, Feb 1, 2008.

1. SHAUN I

SHAUN I It's so clear on the wings of the dawn

If any one from Stormcock has a Myspace account I have just started a new group for RH fans I have invited all of my "friends" but everyone and anyone will be very welcome there is a forum up and running and feel free to post anything harper related, thanks to everyone who has already shown support..

The link is: http://groups.myspace.com/index.cfm...=C0651B76-6EA3-426D-812529885F536085199070976

Regards Shaun.

2. HarperPR

HarperPR My destiny offers me up like a lamb

How do these groups work? Don't think I could cope with anything else at the present. But has anyone started a NH one?

3. SteveT

SteveT Gracing the Bahamas in see through pyjamas

There was certainly a Roy one previously but it was extremely quiet, nay dormant - nay dead. I haven't looked to see if it's still there.

4. pd

pd Slightly Desperate Staff Member

Thanks Shaun, I joined and already posted a plug for the podcast :Angel_anim:

5. SHAUN I

Thanks pd I see Nick has joined as well and a few familiar faces from here, I started this group because I searched and searched for RH groups but only one was on there, which didn't seem to be right for a music community..and yes it seemed quite dormant. when I read on Roys profile that he has retired from gigging I felt his work needed to be celebrated more by people that haven't yet discovered his musical Utopia.

Have had quite a lot of messages asking which album they should have a listen to first, now theres an open ended question if I ever heard one!

By the way Linn I couldn't find a Nick group maybe you could start one!:biggrin:

6. HarperPR

If I had but world enough and time - which I ain't right now! This may be a job for Critch or Marcie.

7. Marcie

Marcie I've got a zappy little nappy

I'd love to but...

Time is short on my end as well.. Hopefully one day soon I'll get a chance to devote more to the cause.

BTW (off topic) - I'll be coming to the UK in March for a month (unfortunately missing Nick's tour as I'll be nowhere near the venues listed) and again in July (also for a month). I'm also planning a permanent move to the UK by hopefully latest Jan/Feb of 2009.

I really hope that I can finally meet some of the lovely people on this list at one point or another.

PS - also joined Roy's group. Thanks Shaun for setting it up!

8. SHAUN I

Thanks Marcie, I'm also looking forward to meeting some people at Nicks gig next Sunday - putting faces to names...there is no picture of Critch though so will have to rely on him recognising me, I may even buy him a drink :cheers2:

9. SHAUN I

It paid off plugging Stormcock and the podcast Paul you had a reply to your post from Robert a die hard Zappaphile saying he will check it out, I've also had encouraging messages to the same effect..

Good stuff.

Everything's just everything because everything - just is!

10. SHAUN I

RH Group!

Just to say thanks for the support for the RH myspace group, it's now up to 425 not bad in 3 months, we have a heavyweight line up of support too - Nick Harper, Matt Churchill, The Levellers, The Groundhogs even the Fabulous Furry Freak Brothers, :biggrin: Zappa, Floyd, and Led Zep fans (Oh yeah Linn and The Twang!)
    I've had lots of messages from old Roy fans who have renewed their interest too, so all in all a real mixed bag but all enjoying the common denominator...

Regards Shaun..

11. HarperPR

Never knew The Twangers were fans!:biggrin:

Have you had lots of repeated lots of repeated messages messages!:D

12. SHAUN I

No repeated messages no repeated messages..I say I say no repeated messages :D