1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Roy Harper @ Jazz Cafe, London - June 5, 2010

Discussion in 'On Tour' started by tharper, Apr 8, 2010.

1. tharper

tharper She's The One

Mojo Honours List 2010 present Roy Harper

Jazz Cafe - Saturday June 5th, 2010

Jazz Cafe
    5, Parkway
    Camden
    London
    NW1 7PJ

Tickets will go on pre-sale today at 10am and general sale at 10am on Monday morning (12/4/2010).

i don't have much info yet regarding ticket links etc. but i'm assuming the pre-sale is for mojo subscribers and if you're eligible you'll be notified. i'll update info and links here just as soon as i get it... like when it goes online at 10am :) i'm jumping the gun slightly but we're on the road so... gotta do this when i can!

2. pd

pd Slightly Desperate Staff Member

This is really great news. Hope to see lots of you there.

Is there any info about time yet - is this a day or evening thing?

3. tharper

tharper She's The One

hmmm. never thought it would be anything other than an evening gig but that's a good question. i've been seeing that 'i love the 80s' saturday night thing listed on the jazz cafe website so... yeah. must check on that!

4. scotpaulabear

scotpaulabear Halfway up my own guitar, propping up another bar

Hmm! This sounds do-able! :biggrin:

Does anyone else remember what Nick said onstage at Preston? Something like, he had considered playing a Roy song or two on this tour, as SOMEONE had said that he had retired, but then SOMEONE changed his mind... :D

5. bigchris

bigchris Aye lad, I knew you had it in you

Great News ( well it is if I can get a ticket !! )

I was wondering this morning ( before this announcement ) but is Roy playing solo at the JN gigs ( & this one ) or is Matt playing with him ... or anyone else ?

6. tharper

tharper She's The One

he's playing on his own for all of them...

7. bigchris

8. pd

pd Slightly Desperate Staff Member

So it'll be lots of songs from albums like Work of Heart, Unknown Soldier, Jugula, Descendants of Smith, Once... should be an interesting evening :D

9. tharper

tharper She's The One

Doors 7pm - Curfew 11pm (followed by '80s' club night!)

i've updated that on the original posting now...

10. HarperPR

HarperPR My destiny offers me up like a lamb

Great news. The Jazz Cafe is a nice venue too.

Plus, Roy got a play of You on Janice Long's show in the early hours of this morning.:m14:

11. bigchris

yeah the last time I saw Roy play at the Jazz Cafe ... I was laid down underneath a piano ... can't imagine I'll be doing that this time ... I might not fit !!

12. SteveT

SteveT Gracing the Bahamas in see through pyjamas

The only time I've been there was to see Jackie McLean many years ago. That was a briiliant show but I can't hide my excitement at the anticipation of this one.

:biggrin:

13. scotpaulabear

Wow, last time I went to the Jazz Cafe was to see Dee C Lee (ex-Style Council, ex-Mrs. Paul Weller!) after interviewing her for a 'zine. Lovely place, happy days :D

Wonder if I should buy a ticket, just in case I can make it... that's a whole lotta cash :bored: but to be fair if I don't want them I'm sure someone here will...

14. Travellerman

Travellerman Aye lad, I knew you had it in you

It seems to be allowing me the chance to purchase 1 :biggrin: It's a bit of a mission to get there and back from here though + 2 days off work etc... Ooooooohhhh, but I want to :biggrin:

15. bigchris

Ah yes ... I meant it only allows you to buy a maximum of 2 ... I needed 4 !!

16. aspwatterson

aspwatterson The Unknown Soldier

How?

How bigs the Jazz Cafe and are a lot of people going to be disappointed?

andi

17. scotpaulabear

Chris, I bought 2, you want one?

18. bigchris

Nope Ta ... had to get Mik on the case to buy two as well ... though Paul S. is now saying he is 75% likely NOT to be able to attend !!

19. bigchris

Well depending on which website you believe, the capacity is between 350 and 450 !!

Well that may depend on whether you go or not ?!?!:biggrin:

20. Travellerman

Travellerman Aye lad, I knew you had it in you

Got mine! :D Who else is going?