1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Roy Harper @ Jazz Cafe, London - June 5, 2010

Discussion in 'On Tour' started by tharper, Apr 8, 2010.

1. Jim

Jim Computer stained fingers

meet?

stormcock meet before jazz cafe in camden anyone?

J

2. The Monster

The Monster I've got a zappy little nappy

Sounds like a good wheeze

3. pd

pd Slightly Desperate Staff Member

Yes, definitely. I'm out of touch with area knowledge. Can anyone suggest a pub (naturally) that's big enough to handle a dozen or two Harper fans on Saturday afternoon? I'm not sure we want/need to go to the trouble of booking anywhere unless someone knows of a place that will give a function room out for free in return for bar takings :)

4. SteveT

SteveT Gracing the Bahamas in see through pyjamas

I generally go to the Oxford in Camden. It's nothing special but a reasonable size and on the main drag between the tube and the canal so very easy to find. They do standard pub food as well.

5. The Monster

The Monster I've got a zappy little nappy

Looking at the forecast, somewhere with a decent garden might be an idea

Last edited: May 20, 2010
  6. Travellerman

Travellerman Aye lad, I knew you had it in you

Yep... for us smokers too :wink:

7. dave w

dave w Computer stained fingers

8. HarperPR

HarperPR My destiny offers me up like a lamb

What about either of the two we met in that night with Dave? Close...just along Parkway...?

9. SHAUN I

SHAUN I It's so clear on the wings of the dawn

I'll be on holiday in Turkey when the Jazz Cafe gig is on, :nopity: would have been nice to see some of the Stormcockers I haven't met yet, anyway hope everyone has a great time! (Hats off to Harper)

Cheers, Shaun :cheers2:

Last edited by a moderator: May 22, 2010
  10. Travellerman

"....We are waiting for these tickets to come into stock. If you haven't received your tickets by 02/06/2010 please contact us..."

They keep moving the goal posts :angry:

11. Jim

Jim Computer stained fingers

stormcock meet

the oxford is a good idea - being so near & easy
    eveywhere will be packed but we could at least start there.

What time are people thinking of meeting up?

mid-afternoon?

j

12. aspwatterson

aspwatterson The Unknown Soldier

Am..

If I get the weekend off - am trying to get a ticket - will find out Monday.

Otherwise, can still stop by a watering hole called Oxford in London, and catch up with all you still water diviners.

<Go back to previous posts here and you'll understand latest post if you are in the wrong cascade of the ongoing thread of the thread>

Loads of exhibitions/museums to explore during the day. I usually end up talking to buskers in the Tubes and down the Embankment/local parks. Under Westminster Bridge is all right when it's raining.Sorry that was not a throwaway metaphor about politicians!

Wonder where Roy stays these days? Probably a 5 star Mojo sponsored thingy overlooking Hyde Park perchance? Chauffeur driven? Red carpet? What next!? Tracey you'll have to wear your best ball gown for the papparazzi!

It was only quite recently that I realised Roy's fondness/influence for/from jazz; and, I would be interested to know which songs you/he would say is a jazzy piece/riff from his canon; because, I must be honest that I hadn't really spotted it before. But,when I relisten on that wavelength, with retuned ears, I can definitely pick out bits, which I hadn't classified as Jazz before in my sonorous chambers. And his Miles Davis song is definitely not Jazz but one of my favs.

andi

Last edited: May 23, 2010
  13. aspwatterson

aspwatterson The Unknown Soldier

14. tupelo

tupelo I've got a zappy little nappy

15. Linda

Linda Computer stained fingers

All that jazz

Tupelo suggests that she has had a message that the tickets are to be collected at the box office now. Anyone know anything about this? :confused1: ....and is it the Oxford for a meet up still and what time please?
    Thanks
    Steve and Linda

16. Travellerman

I haven't heard a thing...:angry: I did email a few days ago, but still nothing.

You can enter your reference number here:- http://www.seetickets.com/aloud/ordertracking.asp

For me it simply states "...We are waiting for these tickets to come into stock. If you haven't received your tickets by 02/06/2010 please contact us".

It's a bit shoddy. I booked 6 1/2 weeks ago, the 2nd is my only day off to actually sign for tickets, or get to the PO to collect them. The £5.25 transaction fee was for what exactly?

17. tupelo

tupelo I've got a zappy little nappy

I was on the phone with one of Seetickets' customer guys for ages and he said that the tickets still weren't with them and that therefore in all likelihood the tix would now been sent to the Jazz Cafe for collection on the door (with IDs).

But I haven't had anything through by email either, I booked my tickets originally in Mid-April.

18. pd

pd Slightly Desperate Staff Member

Oxford Arms sounds OK to me, I don't think any pub will be outstanding :) I'm not going to get there particularly early, personally... probably around 6pm.

19. scotpaulabear

scotpaulabear Halfway up my own guitar, propping up another bar

We could do the Good Mixer and pretend it's Britpop all over again... :wink: but yeah sure the Oxford sounds good, not sure what I'm doing earlier but hope to run into you lot over there at some point (including Mr. Monster as we have to sort out tix - probably at the door now *sigh*!). Who's going anyway?

20. scotpaulabear

scotpaulabear Halfway up my own guitar, propping up another bar

FECK FECK FECK. See Tickets have just emailed me that the tickets HAVE BEEN SENT TODAY! :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: I just spent 15 minutes shouting at the patronizing dickheads on the phone asking why on earth they would mail with 4 days' notice but apparently I should have been psychic and realized they were that stupid! I just hung up on them in a total rage. Now it's on my head to try to get them before I get my bus Friday. Allegedly it's 24-hour delivery but that's still cutting it way too fine for me...

Please, if I ever threaten to use See for ANYTHING again, just kick me, wouldya? :angry: I hatethemhatethemhatethem and this has happened to me and friends before and I should know better!!