1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Roy Harper @ Jazz Cafe, London - June 5, 2010

Discussion in 'On Tour' started by tharper, Apr 8, 2010.

1. Linda

Linda Computer stained fingers

Allegedly it's 24-hour delivery but that's still cutting it way too fine for me...

I've come home to an e-mail saying:-
    Your Tickets were despatched on Tuesday 1st June 2010

<<<They should be with you in the next 2-3 days.
    If you are not in to sign for them a card will be left advising you to call the postal service to arrange for re-delivery. Please note, it is your responsibility to make arrangements with the postal service to arrange for this re-delivery.>>>

So.......... recorded delivery and they could still arrive Friday and I have to get to town to collect from sorting office - I'm with you Paula.....they are rubbish. How much is SeeTickets and how much is Jazz Cafe??
    Anyway - see you all at the Oxford around 6pm. Most of you have my mobile number if you /we get lost :)
    Linda & Steve

2. Travellerman

Travellerman Aye lad, I knew you had it in you

Just got my email too, as above. How the f*ck am I going to sign for tickets when I'm at work everyday until Saturday? F*cking idiots.

Oh... and to make things even more confusing this is also in my inbox:-

"...Due to circumstances beyond our control, we're unable to get tickets to youby the date of the show.

We are advising you that your order will beavailable for collection from the venue box office at Jazz Cafe on theday of the performance from 1900 hours.

Please note that in the case of concerts, the Box Office may close when theheadlining act's performance begins. Please take the card the tickets were purchased with, as identification and acopy of this e-mail and quote reference..."

So which one applies? Have they posted them or what?

Edit* - I Phoned and got through to a lady who said that the ticket is to be collected at the venue, I suggest everyone does the same!

Last edited: Jun 1, 2010
  3. bigchris

bigchris Aye lad, I knew you had it in you

Apparently my tickets have arrived ... luckily as I was only allowed to buy two tickets, I got my mate next door to buy two ... and as he works from home, he was able to sign for his and mine this morning !

As for meet up ... I doubt I'll be in The Oxford ... sounds like it will be far too busy as it's on the High Street ... I'm planning on meeting my mates in The Constitution in Camden ( http://www.fancyapint.com/pubs/pub2058.php ) and may pop in the Oxford on the way to the venue ...as to be not too unsociable !!

4. scotpaulabear

scotpaulabear Halfway up my own guitar, propping up another bar

I tried that in my 15-minute conversation leading into shoutfest but no go at all. And the supervisor was even worse than the first person I spoke to. I started out reasonable, then got more and more steamed... :blushing:

5. Travellerman

The lady I spoke to was called Tomasina??? something like that and she was really helpful. She said that the ticket is to be collected on the night at the door.... phew! I was relieved. It's more a matter of principle / business practice etc... I would have got in somehow I'm sure :wink:

...and then the ticket arrived 'signed for' this morning! 'kin 'ell :confused1:.

'Fortunately' I had the vet coming to put the dog down and had to remain there for that (the dog lives by the way!).

6. Linda

Linda Computer stained fingers

signed for ??

Hurrah - Our tickets were on the mat when I got home from work this evening. The signed for tab was removed and someone somewhere had forged my signature. For once I'm relieved.
    See you all at some point Saturday, be it Oxford, Chris's suggestion or at the Jazz Cafe. I will be the woman with the portly grey Ben Elton look alike called Steve.
    Say hi:biggrin:

7. scotpaulabear

scotpaulabear Halfway up my own guitar, propping up another bar

Same here - I love our postmen, they're really cool! :thumbup:
    *whew* not having to worry about this anymore...

Definitely see you sometime on Saturday, Linda and everyone else :biggrin:

8. SteveT

SteveT Gracing the Bahamas in see through pyjamas

I have a red card. I'm presuming it's the same thing. I should actually have a spare if anyone wants it. Get in touch via Private Message if you do.

9. elrose

elrose I've got a zappy little nappy

Mine turned up today though I ha to go sign for it luckily our office is open till 7.

10. SteveT

This ticket is now spoken for.

Cheers.

11. Jim

Jim Computer stained fingers

Oxford Pub Saturday pm

I aim to be there 3pm on Satuday for a few beers & to meet any cockers
    forecast is 27 & I got my ticket today so all is good.

Hope to see as many of you as possible

James

12. Steve

Steve I've got a zappy little nappy

Standing ticket spare

Hi folks, new here, so greetings.
    Made it down from Durham and currently holed up in Camden, eagerly awaiting Roy's return to an English stage. :biggrin:
    Have a standing ticket available for cost price (something just under £30?), and would be glad to hook up in the Oxford or outside the Cafe (who, by the way, tell me doors at 7, on stage at 9)
    Cheers
    Steve

13. bigchris

bigchris Aye lad, I knew you had it in you

... and the venue changes into a club at 10:30pm ... so we'll only get 1.5 hours at most if that is true !!

14. tharper

tharper She's The One

those times have changed. apparently there was to be support but now there isn't so roy is on at 8.30pm..

15. Moth

Moth I've got a zappy little nappy

16. Travellerman

Well... that was good! :D It was very nice to meet some of the posters from here too, sorry I didn't work my way around everyone... next time :wink:

17. The Monster

The Monster I've got a zappy little nappy

Good to meet you too, Trav, and Steve T, Paula and Paul.

Wasn't Roy wonderful? Great audience, too.

18. windjammer

windjammer I've got a zappy little nappy

Have read the blog on Moth's post but for those of us in the nations farflung outposts (Cornwall) what else was in the setlist? Any material from the next album, if there is to be one? I went to Jazz Cafe many years ago when I lived in Berkshire to see David Crosby's CPR, not the best of venues for someone like Roy I would have thought. Let's hope it gives him an appetite for more gigs.

19. SteveT

Roy said that there were new songs "in the pipeline" but would not play them because he didn't want unfinished material appearing on Youtube. He did not suggest just how long the pipeline is.

20. windjammer

windjammer I've got a zappy little nappy

Far be it from me to sound a critical note but it's a very long pipeline. BP can't stop their's spewing forth but Roy's can't start flowing it seems. It's 10 years since "The Green Man" and the "Beyond the Door" DVD dates back to 2004. I have been seeing and listening to Roy since 1968 and he has brought us some marvellous music but it's been 3 years since his last proper tour, when he played some new material which we all thought was an appetiser. I am also a big fan of Michael Chapman and he is still going strong and he is a few months older than Roy. As regards Youtube I would have thought that it promotes interest and would help any forthcoming release not hinder it. Roy has always encouraged free speech and promoted his views so I think that I can still be a Harper fan and do the same. You can disagree with your friends you know.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2010