1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Roy Harper to release 'Man And Myth' on Bella Union

Discussion in 'General' started by tharper, Jul 5, 2013.

1. Travellerman

Travellerman Aye lad, I knew you had it in you

Weeks ago... I wonder how that happened ;-)

2. Shane

Shane Computer stained fingers

Come on next week. I'm amazed the album hasn't leaked yet - or has it? I haven't found it anyway. I hope it doesn't as I might not be able to resist. I'd like to rush home from the shop to listen to it, like in olden times.

3. SteveT

SteveT Gracing the Bahamas in see through pyjamas

Longish Man and Myth review

Roy Harper is renowned as something of an awkward bastard. When the world was bobbing its long hair and shaking its joss sticks to three chords and the truth, troubadour Harper was releasing the likes of 1973’s (ahem!) Stormcock, a 40-minute-plus album featuring just four songs of jazz-inspired epic folk rock. When signed to EMI and primed for the mainstream in the Seventies he managed to contract a blood disease that nearly killed him and while signed to Chrysalis in the USA a few years later he apparently attempted to slip past them an album cover that depicted Harper himself walking on water, a bearded, English Christ.

Full review here: http://drownedinsound.com/releases/17867/reviews/4146878?ticker

4. Shane

Shane Computer stained fingers

Price drop on the vinyl at amazon. I presume hardly anyone was buying it at the initial price...

5. SteveT

SteveT Gracing the Bahamas in see through pyjamas

I avoid Amazon as much as possible these days so in support of local enterprise Pie & Vinyl I paid £35 for mine. They had it on release day and there was no worry about it being badly handled by Royal Mail.

6. Rubel

Rubel I've got a zappy little nappy

I never picked this up. Maybe it's time.

aspwatterson likes this.
  7. bigchris

bigchris Aye lad, I knew you had it in you

Funny I was thinking the same last week; haven't got a turntable - but as I've just bought one to play Nick's new vinyl LPs that he's releasing this year - I thought I'd better buy Roy's too. The Bella Union online shop ( ie the official source for the Vinyl ) seems to be out of commission/closed !? So I bought it from http://www.recordstore.co.uk/recordstore/recordstore/Man-Myth-Deluxe/2PO20000000 for £30.

aspwatterson likes this.