1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Roy in London

Discussion in 'General' started by dave w, Jul 21, 2008.

1. dave w

dave w Computer stained fingers

not gig news or anything like that - but Roy was at the rather splendid Joanna Newsom gig last night at Somerset House. Not sure about the jacket he was wearing though, not that I can offer fashion advice to anyone.

2. Travellerman

Travellerman Aye lad, I knew you had it in you

and how was the jacket? :confused1:

3. HarperPR

HarperPR My destiny offers me up like a lamb

David Smyth in the Evening Standard gave her a superb 4 star review today for that show.

4. dave w

dave w Computer stained fingers

the gig and the jacket

the gig and the jacket - that could possibly be one of Joannas song titles, but isn't.

Without going into extra dimensions, it would have been tricky getting more colours onto Roys jacket.

A very different gig to the Royal Albert Hall, just J and harp and occasionally piano. It was her 2nd gig of the day and this time she didn't forget the words to Sawdust. It's difficult to dislike someone who sings about dirigibles in their 1st song. There were some new songs, Someset house was a nice setting and there was a reasonably quiet crowd. Didn't see much of the support act - The Red Krayola so I won't comment on them.

5. The Monster

The Monster I've got a zappy little nappy

Sounds suspiciously like the jacket he wore at the Gathering in Clon last year

Maybe this sighting promises more visits to the mainland with guitar in tow...

6. Craig_Powers

Craig_Powers I've got a zappy little nappy

I'm not going to criticise anyone's fashion sense either.

I was recently the victim of credit card fraud. The investigators asked if I had run up a large bill at Abercrombie & Fitch. I told them 'You come and look at my wardrobe and you decide'. Case dismissed! ;)

7. pd

pd Slightly Desperate Staff Member

I know that jacket - it's the Joseph "coat of many colours" one. I think he really likes it :biggrin: