1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Roy - RFH Reviews

Discussion in 'Press and Media' started by HarperPR, Nov 7, 2011.

1. HarperPR

HarperPR My destiny offers me up like a lamb

Last edited: Nov 7, 2011
  2. Wee Steve

Wee Steve Computer stained fingers

She-it ...

The Torygraph?
    That's a stunner and no mistake.

3. HarperPR

4. Johnbarkeriom

Johnbarkeriom Computer stained fingers

5. pete c

pete c I've got a zappy little nappy

6. The Monster

The Monster I've got a zappy little nappy

7. HarperPR

8. SteveT

SteveT Gracing the Bahamas in see through pyjamas

A colleague pointed me to this one (honestly). From yesterday's Currant Bun - 4.5 out of 5:

ROY HARPER was always an outsider, too single-minded and outspoken to turn his extraordinary talent as singer, songwriter and guitarist into superstardom.
    After an increasingly bitter bust-up with major label EMI, he receded into the shadows and so did his music career. But the man who sang lead on Pink Floyd's Have A Cigar and had a song written about him by Led Zeppelin, left a breath¬taking music legacy of his own.
    Roy turned 70 this year and, buoyed by unexpectedly becoming the darling of the new folk crowd including Joanna Newsom and Fleet Foxes, made a spirited and emotional return to the stage.
    He visited his masterpiece album Stormcock, first with son Nick Harper for Me And My Woman, then brought the house down when Jimmy Page joined him for a superlative reading of The Same Old Rock. The duelling acoustic guitars were a sight to behold for a full 15 minutes.
    There was barely a dry eye in the house when Ms Newsom duetted with the bearded singer on sublime love song Another Day.
    Roy nearly cracked up himself. By the end of his final encore, The Green Man, he knew exactly what it's like to be loved again.

9. Barry

Barry Computer stained fingers

Pretty decent for a toilet rag, that I'm sure you didn't purchase Steve!

10. SteveT

Certainly not Barry. Then again there are even worse publications than that, which are read where I work!

11. SteveT

The new Mojo (Rolling Stones cover) has a decent review and photos taking up two full pages.