1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Seen any good new films?

Discussion in 'Anecdotes' started by HarperPR, Apr 24, 2008.

1. telemonster

telemonster I've got a zappy little nappy

ok... he pronounces it 'raif'... it's spelled ralph... he's a t**t!

2. Bob Jacobs

Bob Jacobs Ride away in style

No: his parents were twats for calling him "Raif". He grew up with it, so I don't think you can blame him for that. Of course, he may be a twat anyway but not because of his name. As I don't know him, I can't make this judgement and I don't think that, rationally, you can either. If you want to brandish your prejudice against all "upper class" people with silly names, that, of course, is your privilege.

3. Travellerman

Travellerman Aye lad, I knew you had it in you

Well, personally I thoroughly enjoy watching Ralph Nathaniel Twisletone-Wykeham-Fiennes on the big screen :D

Schindlers List, Sunshine, The Constant Gardener, The End of the Affair etc... I wish there were more actors I found as captivating as he.

4. aspwatterson

aspwatterson The Unknown Soldier

It's true...

Last edited: Mar 5, 2009
  5. HarperPR

HarperPR My destiny offers me up like a lamb

Ramona Marquez...?:wink:

6. Travellerman

Travellerman Aye lad, I knew you had it in you

Oh yeah, her too, she's cute and clever, just the way I like 'em :D. Cate Blanchett is a 'good watch' too :).

Last film seen... Valkyrie.

7. Bob Jacobs

Bob Jacobs Ride away in style

Last films seen: High School Musical 3 - not captivating at all but the grandchildren enjoyed it - and Confessions of a Shopaholic, a surprisingly enjoyable romp. Isla Fisher is very watchable :)

8. dim

dim I've got a zappy little nappy

blimey.. best film of last year
    Walk hard: the dewey cox story

if you havnt see it, go out, get it, see it.. pure genius...

this week.. the wrestler, which was excellent, gran torino, again very very good.. and tonight have watched the curious tale of benjamin button which is great if you have 3 hours to spare

9. Marcie

Marcie I've got a zappy little nappy

I second that, Dim

I absolutely loved that film!!!!!! (A different kind of "Rocumentary" spoof.)

10. telemonster

i loved that film too!!!

11. telemonster

i really enjoyed the last clint film, too... gran torino...?

12. HarperPR

HarperPR My destiny offers me up like a lamb

Go see Ken Loach's Looking For Eric. You don't have to like football - or Eric Cantona, and is a lovely little film.

13. bigchris

bigchris Aye lad, I knew you had it in you

Or just wait a while ... as it will be on Film4 ... they are already advertising it !!

14. wobbly bob

wobbly bob I've got a zappy little nappy

yeah, i'll be checking that one out!!

15. aspwatterson

aspwatterson The Unknown Soldier

Withnail

Sunday Express quote :

"Superstar Johnny Depp has played some oddball roles in his time including Willie Wonka, Edward Scissorhands and Sweeney Todd, but there's one more role he would love to recreate : the manic student played by Richard E Grant in the cult masterpiece Withnail And I. "Its my favourite film" Depp told me at the London premier of his new film Public Enemies. "I know the script by heart and I still fall off the couch when I see it. I'm always quoting from it If I ever need a tonic that's what I put on my DVD - works every time!" "

c/a